+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Drager Panorama FFM questions

RBW Member womble has a spectacular aura about womble has a spectacular aura about womble has a spectacular aura about womble has a spectacular aura about womble has a spectacular aura about womble has a spectacular aura about womble's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Meg

Drager Panorama FFM questions

I've done all of 2 dives with my new mask, and it leaks like a leaky sieve .. It only happens when I look up and the water enters the top of the mask. Having examined it closely, it seems as if the top strap isnt quit tight enough.

However, The strap is as tight as it will go, so I need to move the sliding buckle attachment to the 2nd hole on the top strap. Has anyone else had to do this?

Secondly, do you have to strip the unit to clean the purge valve or is it just a case of flushing it through with fresh water every now and then??

TIA

Head Dishwasher
    Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey's Avatar
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

Re: Drager Panorama FFM questions

Quote Originally Posted by womble  View Original Post
    I've done all of 2 dives with my new mask, and it leaks like a leaky sieve .. It only happens when I look up and the water enters the top of the mask. Having examined it closely, it seems as if the top strap isnt quit tight enough.

However, The strap is as tight as it will go, so I need to move the sliding buckle attachment to the 2nd hole on the top strap. Has anyone else had to do this?

Secondly, do you have to strip the unit to clean the purge valve or is it just a case of flushing it through with fresh water every now and then??

TIA
    I have not had any problems with the mast other than the nose crushers needing to be bent in a little..

Mine does not leak at all....

but it does go positive when I asend.. and the first few times it felt really weird... the mast kept trying to float off my face.

and I only clean the purge valve by flushing..

RBW Member womble has a spectacular aura about womble has a spectacular aura about womble has a spectacular aura about womble has a spectacular aura about womble has a spectacular aura about womble has a spectacular aura about womble's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Meg

Thanks, please keep the replies coming.

Rebreatherlab Rep Rebreatherlab is a jewel in the rough Rebreatherlab is a jewel in the rough Rebreatherlab is a jewel in the rough Rebreatherlab is a jewel in the rough Rebreatherlab is a jewel in the rough Rebreatherlab is a jewel in the rough Rebreatherlab is a jewel in the rough Rebreatherlab's Avatar
    PELAGIAN DCCCR

Quote Originally Posted by womble  View Original Post

TIA
    Hi,

I had the same problem in the beginning. You have to start tightening the lower straps first. They should be so tight that you get near a perfect seal with no tension on the top strap. then give the top strap a few tugs and you will have a perfect seal.

I found the spring tension on the purge valve too high so i just lift the skirt with a finger when clearing. Unless you have water leaking in from the purge I would leave it alone.

Andy

Bubble free by choice steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss's Avatar
    rEvo

Meg

I've been diving with Simon TW recently in Hurghada and he found that the purge valve setting was too stiff as well. He has spoken to Dave Cooper who recommends relieving the tension in the spring by reducing it's length by about a third.

Looking at the part in question it looks a simple modification but perhaps Dave himself can give you more information.

RBW Member Micko is an unknown quantity at this point Micko's Avatar
    Meg / 15.5

Another problem i am finding is the mask fogs really bad .Anyone else having these issues?

Scuba Imports Australia Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris's Avatar
    rEVO III rMS

Inspo, Kiss, Prism, Meg

I am yet to have a drop of water in mine, make sure you do the bottom straps nice and tight then the middle ones and then I find I need hardly any tension on the top strap one at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Micko  View Original Post
    Another problem i am finding is the mask fogs really bad .Anyone else having these issues?
    Lots and lots of spit and a really good finger rubbing

Cheers
    Chriso

RebreatherWorld Sponsor Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

I have found just about anything that works on a regular 1/2 mask will work on the Drager. I have tried spit, baby shampoo and Sea Gold all work well.

I have'nt used toothpase on it as I think the fine grit will scratch the lens and I am not going to try!!! So be very careful if you are tempted.......

Regards,

Lance
    You can run but you can't hide!

ISC Appointed Megalodon Dealer for East Australia
    ISC Trained Megalodon & Pathfinder Trimix Instructor & Service Technician
    http://www.closedcircuitdivers.com.au
    info@closedcircuitdivers.com.au

Hugh Miller HMP has a spectacular aura about HMP has a spectacular aura about HMP has a spectacular aura about HMP has a spectacular aura about HMP has a spectacular aura about HMP's Avatar
    rEvo

Inspo, Sentinel, Mk15.5

I havent had any water in mine either, but I do know this FFM doesnt fit everybody, though its much better in this respect than the Kirby Mk. 48.
    As said before the most important thing to do when putting it on is to tighten the bottom straps first. Most of the tension is put through these bottom straps. The slack is just taken up by the other three. Its easy to over tighten the top strap and thus move the mask into the wrong position. The mask seems on me at least, to sit well when its fairly low on my face.

As for the purge I havent found the tension to much, though I do push the mask onto my face as I breath out through my nose, in order for it to purge properly through the vent rather than from around the skirt.

Anti-fog, spit works fine for me, though again this varies from person to person. 'Simple' shampoo works well as its unperfumed so doesnt hurt your eyes or get up your nose!

I have noticed an annoying internal reflection issue on the mask, from light entering through the frosted side panels. Covering the rear half of these panels with some black tape sorts it out.

Hope you get it working for you!

JJ-CCR

Meg

Quote Originally Posted by steveharriss  View Original Post
    I've been diving with Simon TW recently in Hurghada and he found that the purge valve setting was too stiff as well. He has spoken to Dave Cooper who recommends relieving the tension in the spring by reducing it's length by about a third.

Looking at the part in question it looks a simple modification but perhaps Dave himself can give you more information.
    Cheers Steve, purge tension seems ok to me. As mentioned above gently holding the mask as you clear helps to ensure unwanted water goes out through the purge, not around the skirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Micko  View Original Post
    I just use spit, and it seems to do the trick. Havent toothpasted the inside yet, could a more experienced user of the mask advise if its necessary??

Cheers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast