+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Japanese prototype rebreather question

Question Japanese prototype rebreather question

Hi Guys

I was wondering if any of you had any information on a Japanese rebreather that was made a while back. It was a very simple unit, basically a mouthpiece, hose, and small scrubber in the middle of the hose.
    It was a really limited system, as I recall you couldn't go past 15-20ft and very short duration down. But from the looks of it, the only thing simpler would be a snorkel.
    It was showcased on the old Beyond 2000/Tomorrow show.

Thanks

New Member nachodiver is an unknown quantity at this point nachodiver's Avatar

Eoba

Go to www.therebreathersite.nl. Hit "O2 rebreathers" then you will find it listed under
    Japan. I saw the show, too; neat little rig.

Hey Thanks!

It looks like they don't make it anymore. Too bad.

If you knew what you were doing you could make it inyour garage in an afternoon..........

RBW Member Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck's Avatar
    Dolphin

Re: Japanese prototype rebreather question

Now, that is a minimumal rebreather. :D

Reminds me of the TP2000 by Will Smithers minus the tire tube.

If I remember rightly the hoses were a key to the Japanesse design because it limted the divers depth to 20ft.

Interesting.

RBW Member esc is an unknown quantity at this point esc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyduck
    If I remember rightly the hoses were a key to the Japanesse design because it limted the divers depth to 20ft.

Interesting.
    My wild take on the subject would be that it was pure oxygen unit and that kinda limits the depth to 20 feet :) /esc

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

think work of inhaling must be very high: the hoses=counterlung float high above your shoulders. I would route them under my arms, breathing would be easier
    regards
    paul

RBW Member Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck's Avatar
    Dolphin

Japanese prototype rebreather question

the gas was Nitrox- 80/20.

This is the Text translated from German to English via Babel fish:
    Ouba

Nippon Sanso

1990 were introduced this small closed oxygen cycle equipment of the Japanese Nippon Sanso AG on the DEMA.
    Since this equipment had only two tiny oxygen cartridges (or Nitrox 80/20), it was maximally appropriate for dipping courses of 10 minutes for 5 meters. With such reduced immersion times this Rebreather could not become generally accepted.
    The Ouba is well-known also under the names Ohba and Eoba.

:D Dipping courses!!:D