+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New CK diver in San Diego

San Diego rEvo Mafia "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon"'s Avatar
    rEvo II

New CK diver in San Diego

I traded in my double 130's and bought my CK from obakesan82 via an ad here on RBW a few weeks ago. I even had some buddies (Deep Outdoors) at DEMA that were kind enough to bring it back with them and save me shipping costs.

I am wrapping up my training this weekend with Rusty Berry at SSA in Montclair. I also think I have bugged Joel S. enough with questions, his thread about his CK was very helpful. Luckily I have a good group of guys here with a nice mix of rebreathers to keep learning from (5 rEvo II's, 3 Inspirations & 2 Mark 15.x's)

The only thing that is totally bumming me out is the time and $ it is going to take to be able to do the deep dives I was able to do on OC, 300 FSW is so far away, again. Good thing Mel's CCR Trimix manual has been ordered.

I am looking forward to chatting with all of you here.

L8R, Brandon

Classic KISS No. 226 RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark's Avatar
    Classic KISS w. Shearwater GF

Re: New CK diver in San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by Buck-O-Five  View Original Post
    The only thing that is totally bumming me out is the time and $ it is going to take to be able to do the deep dives I was able to do on OC, 300 FSW is so far away, again. Good thing Mel's CCR Trimix manual has been ordered.

I am looking forward to chatting with all of you here.

L8R, Brandon
    Congrats on your new unit mate, I'm sure you'll love the KISS.

I know the feeling about time & $$ before you're back doing the dives you want to do on it, but trust me, it's worth building up your experience no matter how tempting the dives are. I passed up some amazing opportunities in my first year with my CK but feel it was the the right thing to do.

Cheers

Rich

RBW Member PnL will become famous soon enough PnL will become famous soon enough PnL will become famous soon enough PnL's Avatar

Hey Bucky,

You'll be reaching 300 fsw in no time - just gotta keep diving and get that trimix CCR course done. Once again, you are behind the times and following the pack :D

..... see you in the water soon :)

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by PnL  View Original Post
    Hey Bucky,

You'll be reaching 300 fsw in no time - just gotta keep diving and get that trimix CCR course done. Once again, you are behind the times and following the pack :D

..... see you in the water soon :)
    good morning over there

all well with the rEvo's??

sorry for the short 'hijack' ??

greets to all
    paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

RBW Member PnL will become famous soon enough PnL will become famous soon enough PnL will become famous soon enough PnL's Avatar

Hi Paul, things are well in San Diego and the rEvo's are serving us very well. I'm glad to hear that others who have purchased and received training on the rEvo have had similar positive experiences with the unit. Good to hear its spreading.

When do you plan on returning to San Diego for a few dives?

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by PnL  View Original Post
    Hi Paul, things are well in San Diego and the rEvo's are serving us very well. I'm glad to hear that others who have purchased and received training on the rEvo have had similar positive experiences with the unit. Good to hear its spreading.

When do you plan on returning to San Diego for a few dives?
    I'll be in the north in feb 2008 (seattle)
    If you're in for some ice-diving, feel free

Perhaps for Robins cross, why not, but not sure yet if I will have the time myself.

See you again!

regards
    paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...

Quote Originally Posted by paulraymaekers  View Original Post
    I'll be in the north in feb 2008 (seattle)
    If you're in for some ice-diving, feel free

Perhaps for Robins cross, why not, but not sure yet if I will have the time myself.

See you again!

regards
    paul
    I've always wanted to dive the Pacific Northwest. I'll have to see about getting a trip organized - I'll mention it to the San Diego crew and see what they think.

San Diego rEvo Mafia "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon"'s Avatar
    rEvo II

Quote Originally Posted by paulraymaekers  View Original Post
    good morning over there

all well with the rEvo's??

sorry for the short 'hijack' ??

greets to all
    paul
    Paul & Paul if that was a short hijack, i'd hate to see a long one. Paul Raymaekers, when you were here a few months ago, I was the envious guy diving with your class with the huge double's. I couldn't take the pressure anymore and went CCR.
    Your rEvo's in San Diego are excellent, by the way.

rEject TJS is a jewel in the rough TJS is a jewel in the rough TJS is a jewel in the rough TJS is a jewel in the rough TJS is a jewel in the rough TJS is a jewel in the rough TJS is a jewel in the rough TJS is a jewel in the rough TJS's Avatar

Dont worry Paul R is coming to SD to teach us level 3....right? right! Brandon welcome to the bubbless side!

rEvo's daddy
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Buck-O-Five  View Original Post
    Paul & Paul if that was a short hijack, i'd hate to see a long one. Paul Raymaekers, when you were here a few months ago, I was the envious guy diving with your class with the huge double's. I couldn't take the pressure anymore and went CCR.
    Your rEvo's in San Diego are excellent, by the way.
    I remember you very well, brandon

congrats with the OC to CC conversion!

and see you again in the near future, perhaps for a L3 or an instructor cross!

regards
    paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com