+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: FreePlanner Beta for Mac Released Today

Richie Burr diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

Re: FreePlanner Beta for Mac Released Today

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer  View Original Post
    There will be a G4/G5 specific build on the website (www.freeplanner.org) either tonight or tomorrow. Right now, it's Intel only.
    Works fine now....Thanks. Needs some user settable conservatism values added. As it stands it's way too aggressive for me.

OC Dive:
    160' :30 25/45 70% Deco @ 40' & up yields a runtime of 59 minutes.

Same dive in V-Planner yields a runtime of 76 minutes at the most conservative setting, which due to my age & conditioning level is what I run.

To reach 59 minutes you need to run in the least conservative setting, which doesn't cut it for an old guy like me, and I suspect a few other guys who aren't in the same shape as they were some 20 or 30 years ago... :)

Look forward to the CCR version... Thanks

Richie

RBW Member Buccaneer is an unknown quantity at this point Buccaneer's Avatar
    Meg COPIS

sadly, none

Quote Originally Posted by diverreb  View Original Post
    Works fine now....Thanks. Needs some user settable conservatism values added. As it stands it's way too aggressive for me.

OC Dive:
    160' :30 25/45 70% Deco @ 40' & up yields a runtime of 59 minutes.

Same dive in V-Planner yields a runtime of 76 minutes at the most conservative setting, which due to my age & conditioning level is what I run.

To reach 59 minutes you need to run in the least conservative setting, which doesn't cut it for an old guy like me, and I suspect a few other guys who aren't in the same shape as they were some 20 or 30 years ago... :)

Look forward to the CCR version... Thanks

Richie
    Thanks for downloading and trying the PowerPC version.

On the toolbar, there are 6 circles with the numbers 0 through 5 - those are the conservatism factors.

I just ran your profile with the 5 button pressed and generated a total run time of 75 minutes.

I usually run +2 myself.

The CCR version is going through internal testing now and should be available for beta testing within a few weeks.
    Last edited by Buccaneer; 25th November 2007 at 02:22. Reason: Left out a sentence.

Richie Burr diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

Thanks for downloading and trying the PowerPC version.

On the toolbar, there are 6 circles with the numbers 0 through 5 - those are the conservatism factors.

I just ran your profile with the 5 button pressed and generated a total run time of 75 minutes.

I usually run +2 myself.

The CCR version is going through internal testing now and should be available for beta testing within a few weeks.
    Cool...I was wondering what those buttons did.... I thought they were for additional dives.... :o You da man... Have some green....

Richie

Meg COPIS

sadly, none

Quote Originally Posted by diverreb  View Original Post
    Cool...I was wondering what those buttons did.... I thought they were for additional dives.... :o You da man... Have some green....

Richie
    Thank you - we are putting together a much needed user manual!

Meg COPIS

sadly, none

FreePlanner-New Test Builds for Mac AND Windows

Are available at www.freeplanner.org.

Feedback Wanted and Welcome!

RBW Member mattarte is an unknown quantity at this point mattarte's Avatar

First of all, thanks for your effort.
    I have some problems related to the metric conversion: at 55 MSW comes out an ATA value of 2.7 (should be 6.5) and the program shuts down every time i fill in the preferences. (Is the SAC rate in lpm?).
    2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 10.4.11.

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Quote Originally Posted by mattarte  View Original Post
    I have some problems related to the metric conversion: at 55 MSW comes out an ATA value of 2.7 (should be 6.5) and the program shuts down every time i fill in the preferences. (Is the SAC rate in lpm?).
    actually it should be 6.42

10msw is NOT 1 ata

the ata conversion is usually necessary because po2 should be calculated in ata (this is the proper unit) not bar (1 ata =1.01325bar) .. the only exception here is a bar ccr controller, but then for cns you need to convert it to ata..
    Last edited by jradomski; 29th November 2007 at 15:13.
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

Meg COPIS

sadly, none

Quote Originally Posted by mattarte  View Original Post
    Thank you and hello!

In the current version, I don't see this bug. During our beta period, there is a fairly aggressive release schedule so I wouldn't be surprised if the version you're running is outdated.

There is a user forum at FreePlanner Forum where bugs are reported. Also a new version is coming out in the next day or two and has some neat new functionality as a result of the open beta.

RBW Member mattarte is an unknown quantity at this point mattarte's Avatar

Thank you and hello!

In the current version, I don't see this bug. During our beta period, there is a fairly aggressive release schedule so I wouldn't be surprised if the version you're running is outdated.

There is a user forum at FreePlanner Forum where bugs are reported. Also a new version is coming out in the next day or two and has some neat new functionality as a result of the open beta.
    Version 11252100.
    I'm writing you a p.m. right now in order to avoid bothering the list

swims in fishes toilets vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr's Avatar

think you might do an iPhone web app?

nice work

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast