+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FreePlanner Beta for Mac Released Today

RBW Member Buccaneer is an unknown quantity at this point Buccaneer's Avatar
    Meg COPIS

sadly, none

FreePlanner Beta for Mac Released Today

Initial alpha testing of the Mac release of FreePlanner is complete and the application is now stable enough for a general beta release.

This release doesn't support closed circuit. That will be in the next release of the software after this beta is complete. I thought I would put it out here for review anyway - if you're interested, please take a look.

The beta is available via this link: freeplanner - go ahead. evolve..

The web site will be growing rapidly over the coming weeks, so make sure to visit often.

Thanks.

P.S. The Windows version of FreePlanner is now in alpha testing, right on schedule!

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

Re: FreePlanner Beta for Mac Released Today

Just downloaded it and ran it on a MacBook using OSx.

Looks good. Easy to use, easy to read. Looking forward to the CC version.

Meg COPIS

sadly, none

Quote Originally Posted by Tienuts  View Original Post
    Just downloaded it and ran it on a MacBook using OSx.

Looks good. Easy to use, easy to read. Looking forward to the CC version.
    Thanks for trying FreePlanner - if you have any suggestions for what you'd like to see in it, please visit the user forum at FreePlanner • Index page.

New Member tommiblom is an unknown quantity at this point tommiblom's Avatar

Super cool,

I will DL it asap and start to play with it, looking forward for the CCR planning upgrade. Cool T-shirt is possible to get those somewhere ?

Best regards

Tommi

Meg COPIS

sadly, none

Hello,

There is a new FreePlanner beta at www.freeplanner.org for Mac Intel, Mac PowerPC, and Windows. Please make sure to consult the installation instructions on the web site.
    • It fixes a number of issues and also adds some new features:
    • Speed Tables – generate a range of decompression schedules for a series of bottom run times.
    • Input your own MOD’s – when adding gases, you can overwrite the MOD with your own.
    • Variable Descent Rates – variable ascent rates is next.

A lot of bug fixes were incorporated into this release and it should be more stable now.

In the event of a bug, the system does both a stack and memory dump and emails it to me – there is no other information that is emailed and this is for debugging purposes only. There is no spyware in FreePlanner.

You will also notice a splash screen, if people would like to donate for their use of FreePlanner, they can. It is not mandatory, but it will help pay for servers, compilers (which are not cheap – I use Intel’s series on both the Mac and Windows), and bandwidth. I have invested several thousand dollars in this effort – only because I wanted to - so you don't have to donate unless you want to.

There is more functionality planned – a lot more. The next release will contain rock bottom calcs, a gas mixer, and variable ascent rates in addition to more bug fixes.

Over 1,000 people have downloaded FreePlanner to date – the breakdown is:

Windows XP – 52%
    Mac OS – 37%
    Windows Vista – 7%
    Linux – 3%
    Windows 2000 – 1%
    Windows Server - .5%
    And the venerable Windows 98 – one download!

Thanks for everyone’s help so far - there's no way that I could have gotten to this point without all of the people who have been helping with testing and suggestions.

(and there are t-shirts available - they will be on the web site soon)

Free VPM-B Dive Planning
    Mac OS X and Windows

Meg COPIS

sadly, none

Fresh FreePlanner Builds

Smile, how bad can it be? Eliot Danner will become famous soon enough Eliot Danner will become famous soon enough Eliot Danner will become famous soon enough Eliot Danner will become famous soon enough Eliot Danner's Avatar
    KISS, rEvo, Optima, Inspo

Meg, Mk15, Dolphin, Evolution

Thank you for your hard work on this, its a great tool

Chuck Norris Diving Team scuba_Mike is on a distinguished road scuba_Mike is on a distinguished road scuba_Mike's Avatar
    rEvoIII- rMS / APinspo&Triton

rEvoII-mCCR Boris & Sentinel

Thumbs up Re: FreePlanner Beta for Mac Released Today

Quote Originally Posted by ForTheFight  View Original Post
    Thank you for your hard work on this, its a great tool
    +1

a CCR vesion soon?

Greetings Mike

Meg COPIS

sadly, none

I started a new yob so my time devoted to FreePlanner took a big hit in the last couple of weeks, but yes, I am working on the CC version now. I can't say when it will be ready for beta yet, new job AND new baby any day now.

+ Reply to Thread