+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "All about rebreathers"

New Member Baiv is an unknown quantity at this point Baiv's Avatar

Lightbulb "All about rebreathers"

...this is supposed to be the title of the book I'm looking for.

But let me introduce myself a bit and give some more explanation about my request : I think I have to start by "hello, everybody !"... well, it's done ! I'm quite experienced in OC diving (>2000 dives) but I'm still the half of an embryo in the rebreathers'world. That's why I'm looking for the book mentioned above.

When it was presented to me a few weeks ago, I found the title so simple that I didn't write it down, nor the name of the author as I was confident in the fact that I would find it back immediately on the net with the help of uncle Google. No way !

The specificity of the book is that the last part gives a description and some comments on the most common "machines" that can be found on the market. As the Meg is mentioned, I believe the issue must be quite recent. I know it exists in English and in Italian. As far as French is concerned, je ne sais pas.

Can somedy help me in my holy quest ??

Thanks.

Supporting Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Re: "All about rebreathers"

Since you seem to speak french, the book "Les Recycleurs" is really good IMHO (don't know the author and have no monetary interest in the book).

After reading a few books in english including course materials, I found this was the best and most up to date information.

It's a bit mCCR centric but I didn't find that to be a problem though I fly an eCCR.

RBW Member Scubaboy is an unknown quantity at this point Scubaboy's Avatar

Baiv,

The book you're looking for sounds like Jeff Bozanic's book "Mastering Rebreathers." This book contains a great amount of info about rebreathers and has descriptions and the pre and post dive check sheets for several rebreather models in the back. It is available through multiple
    sources including Amazon.com.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by edasque  View Original Post
    Since you seem to speak french, the book "Les Recycleurs" is really good IMHO (don't know the author and have no monetary interest in the book).

After reading a few books in english including course materials, I found this was the best and most up to date information.

It's a bit mCCR centric but I didn't find that to be a problem though I fly an eCCR.
    You probably mean the book of Jacques Vettier, that was released in the second part of this year. I can easily fancy that the book must be very interesting (like the first one : "Nitrox - Trimix") as the guy himself is very interesting (I had the opportunity to spend a few days with him 2 weeks ago).

I haven't read "Les recycleurs" yet but as the author was one of the "guinea-pigs" selected to test the beta-version of the rEvo, no wonder the issue is mCCR orientated. The funny thing is that Jacques has customized his rEvo with a Hammerhead now ! A step for an electronic version of the rEvo ??

Nick,

Thanks for your reply. I have to check your information as my old man's memory might play tricks to me. ;)

Supporting Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Yes, that's the book. Much better than Mastering Rebreather in my humble opinion. Most of the checklists and specific information pertain to rebreathers that most of us won't ever dive.

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Baiv  View Original Post
    The funny thing is that Jacques has customized his rEvo with a Hammerhead now ! A step for an electronic version of the rEvo ??
    hello Alain, Jacques is one of my 'prime' test divers, and both hammerhead and shearwater have been tested extencively on the rEvo. Liège is not so far away from Brugge, so if you're around, give a call, and jump in.

regards
    paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

RBW Member Shawn has a spectacular aura about Shawn has a spectacular aura about Shawn has a spectacular aura about Shawn has a spectacular aura about Shawn has a spectacular aura about Shawn's Avatar

My dive partner just borrowed a copy in English from another friend off ours...

I looked through it for a bit and felt that it was more like a compilation of manufacturer data. A lot of the data is really inaccurate as well like the 4 scrubber options you get with the meg, and a couple of other things that stood out.

My dive partner just told me it has a barnes and nobel sticker on it from 2006...

Happy hunting

Hi Shawn !

I imagine you're speaking about "Mastering Rebreathers". So, you wouldn't advise me to buy it, would you ?

Quote Originally Posted by paulraymaekers  View Original Post
    hello Alain, Jacques is one of my 'prime' test divers, and both hammerhead and shearwater have been tested extencively on the rEvo. Liège is not so far away from Brugge, so if you're around, give a call, and jump in.

regards
    paul
    Goede morgen, Paul !

Actually I was with Michel Geubelle (Corona-Citron) when he took the course with Jacques. So I attended Michel's surprises :D in real time when he discovered the "beast". Nevertheless I must confess the rEvo is quite seducing and I am even ready for a test dive (it'll be soon planned with Michel).

I keep your invitation to Brugge in mind especially if you welcome me with a Rodenbach met garnalen of een West-Vleteren. Can you send me your phone number by PM ?

Vriendelijke groeten.