+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: North Sea Diving off Netherlands

RBW Member robvdmr13 is on a distinguished road robvdmr13 is on a distinguished road robvdmr13's Avatar
    Hammerhead Inspiration

Classic Inspiration, Dolphin

Re: North Sea Diving off Netherlands

Being in Switzerland now, I can't wait to get back to the wrecks off the Dutch coast. Don't worry, it'll be fun!

Robert

New Member ebon.hawk is an unknown quantity at this point ebon.hawk's Avatar

Theres a BSAC branch "Randstad Harrings" near Den Haag, that has a few RB divers, maybe worth contacting them when you get to NL to get some diving in ?

Gr,
    Andy

RBW Member Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles's Avatar

I have joy :D .

I look forward to meeting the tek and RB diving community in the EU.

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Re: North Sea off Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Doorduijn, Niels  View Original Post
    At the Northsea, you will eventually reach nice wrecks at 45 or even 60 meters but that is far out of the coast.
    Ain't that the truth, if it's anything like Germany's North Sea coast.

Stefan's little trip to the sea:
    Had 5 days off this summer, and have a non-diving girlfriend, so I headed north.
    No diving planned, but at least some scouting and seeing the sea, which I sorely miss.

Arived in a suburb of Cuxhafen, nice little town, beachside hotel, ocean view room.
    Sat on balcony and enjoyed a beautiful sunset, small waves rolling in, salt in the air.
    A little island about 8 miles off shore, with a cool tower on it, and me wondering about diving there ... :)
    Finally, after more than a year, I was by the sea again, happy.
    Great night, too.

I wake up in the morning, step out on the balcony ... and the sea's gone!
    Just like that, gone, mud all the way out to the horizon.
    A little while later, they drive tourists in horse buggies out to the damn island.
    I've heard about the Wattenmeer, but I didn't think it was that bad ...
    you couldn't snorkel out to the island without scraping your chin during high tide.

Should be called No Sea, not North Sea.

Next day the rain set in and off we were to the Ostsee, the German end of the Baltic Sea.
    Ended up in Timmendorf ... not deep there, around 20 to 30 fsw, but deep enough for small boats and too deep for horse buggies.
    They even have a dive shop offering Drägers. Not much, but a start, and the damn water was there in the morning, too.
    Last edited by caveseeker7; 26th November 2007 at 09:33.

Still Learning.... Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg's Avatar

For general open water diving with a number of rebreather divers contact
    Randstad-Harings : Randstad Harings Diving Club - 1913

They're nice people and a good mix of ex-pats and the Dutch folks.

Ant S

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie  View Original Post
    • Dive in UK... Go north to Scapa Flow, Oakney, and see the scuttled German fleet. Horrible food, beer ok, excellent whisky.
    Depends where you eat! :) (Cook yourself if on a budget) The diving rocks so why worry!

Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie  View Original Post
    Dive in UK... Go south to Portland, etc. and see lots of wrecks in all depth ranges. The deep ones require a long ride in very nice boats with hydraulic lifts, drift deco, etc. Better food, same beer, no whisky... :)
    Eastbourne, Brighton, Poole, Swanage, Portland, Weymouth, Lyme Bay, Paignton, Salcombe, Plymouth, Looe, Falmouth, Porthkerris, Penzance, Newquay, Padstow, Pembroke, Colwyn Bay, Northern Ireland, Oban, Western Isles, Orkney's, Shetland, St abs, Farnes... oh I give up- there is diving everywhere (and inbetween)

aren't there any boats out to Jutland and Danish coast? lots of WW wrecks?

Still Learning.... Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Field  View Original Post
    [/list]aren't there any boats out to Jutland and Danish coast? lots of WW wrecks?
    I don't think so Ben - I lived in Den Haag for 6 years and the hardboats didn't seem to go very far afield. However the Cressy, Hogue and Aboukir are only 40k offshore.

RBW Member Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Slegg  View Original Post
    I don't think so Ben - I lived in Den Haag for 6 years and the hardboats didn't seem to go very far afield. However the Cressy, Hogue and Aboukir are only 40k offshore.
    You could have looked harder... I've been on the Cressy twice diving from from the "Fogo Isle". If I rememer well once it was on the way back from a wreck further out. It took divers in the evening before the diving day. Overnight it would bring you there. Unfortunately it stopped doing that July, 1 as it was sold.

There are two boats that I know of that do similar wrecks but without the overnight going thereoption.
    The "blue whale" takes in divers for recreational stuff like the Cressy, but on Mondays? (not sure about that) it goes further out and lets technical divers do their thing. Dives more than 50 Mile out are not exception.
    Finally there's another boat that still does the overnight traveling. Uhhhm what the name again? Well nevermind I'll look it up if you're really interested.
    Last edited by Dutchy; 28th November 2007 at 09:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchy  View Original Post
    You could have looked harder...
    By further afield I meant Jutland. As Duchy says the C/A/H three are within reach of a number of Dutch hardboats.

In addition the graves of a number of those who survived the attacks long enough to get ashore (courtesy of Dutch fishermen) lie in the cemetery near Scheveningen off Kirkhoflaan (unsurprsingly).

I'd still plug BS-AC 1913 as I can think of 5 regular rebreather divers with them.

Ant

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2