Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DEMA 2007 - Poseideon Discovery (CIS MKVI)

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar

DEMA 2007 - Poseideon Discovery (CIS MKVI)

Article and pictures of the Poseideon Discovery (CIS MKVI) are now in the Library.

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

Re: DEMA 2007 - Poseideon Discovery (CIS MKVI)

Many thanks for the pic´s and the article.

Cheers Markku

Gilberto Bonaga, Italy gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo's Avatar
    Kiss with Hammerhead

Draeger Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Beanie  View Original Post
    Article and pictures of the Poseideon Discovery (CIS MKVI) are now in the Library.
    Thank you for the article.

Any news of the interview with Dr. Stone?

Silent Lucidity mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver's Avatar
    Megalodon

thank's for the article, well written.I'm interested in how they will develope
    a training program for this unit.Being geared for the recreational market.
    No doubt it would be a simplified ( watered down version ) of a standard
    rebreather course.Next thought, with the unit's being delievered in feb/08
    And at present no instructor's ( that I am aware of ) will the dealer's
    release the unit prior to customer certification?

All the best.

swims in fishes toilets vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gibbogeo  View Original Post
    the final interview was uploaded via ftp yesterday and should be up soon.

RBW Member havskatt is an unknown quantity at this point havskatt's Avatar
    Evolution +

Inspiration

Thanks for your good summary.

I really hope that the production design will be much more robust, and will not have only new hoses.
    I pre-ordered one unit because I like the general lay out, the weight and because from Dr. Pyle words in this site, I guessed that what has been shown is more a concept verification unit than a finished product.
    But the prototype I saw doesn’t seem to give the users many chances to reach an elderly age.

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gibbogeo  View Original Post
    Thank you for the article.

I'll link the videos into the article next week

Gilberto Bonaga, Italy gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo's Avatar
    Kiss with Hammerhead

Draeger Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Beanie  View Original Post
    I'll link the videos into the article next week
    If it is like the interview with R. Pyle, it is worth to wait.

Dept. of Redundancy Dept. Celia_E has a spectacular aura about Celia_E has a spectacular aura about Celia_E has a spectacular aura about Celia_E has a spectacular aura about Celia_E has a spectacular aura about Celia_E has a spectacular aura about Celia_E's Avatar
    Second star to the right, straight on 'til morning...
    Megalodon

I actually saw a couple of guys diving these gems in a cave last week, they were exiting and at first I did not recognize the setup. The whole thing had been enclosed in a sort of wire cage and to be honest, it looked scary.

I agree with Beanie, it is not a robust unit and I suppose they had the open water crowd in mind when they designed it but I still think it should be sturdier.

Dive safe,

Celia

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celia_E  View Original Post
    I actually saw a couple of guys diving these gems in a cave last week, they were exiting and at first I did not recognize the setup. The whole thing had been enclosed in a sort of wire cage and to be honest, it looked scary.

I agree with Beanie, it is not a robust unit and I suppose they had the open water crowd in mind when they designed it but I still think it should be sturdier.

Dive safe,

Celia
    WTF...? A purposefully designed OW rig into the overhead...? Might as well bring a snorkel while your at it....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast