+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lids 2008

RBW Member luckybob99 is an unknown quantity at this point luckybob99's Avatar

Lids 2008

Are we going to have a RBW stand on the 8/9 March this year. As the Nec stand was a big hit ??

Bob

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Re: Lids 2008

For the last couple of years all the most interesting stands and effort has gone into the NEC show, the LID has got smaller and less interesting. IMVHO England only has the requirement for one show and it should be the NEC one.

(FWIW I'm not some anti-southerner London hater, I live and work within sight of the Excel centre in Docklands! LIDS is far the easier for me to go to, Birmingham is an awful slog and the parking is dreadful)

The Rebreather "corner" at the NEC this year was superb, lots of manufacturers and 3rd party products, lots of interaction and lots of new bits to drool over.

I'd rather there was one stonking show than the current one good show and one lame duck.

So in summary- I'd say save your money RBW and go to the NEC.

RBW Member dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t's Avatar

I agree with Ben but how about a RBW conference? IANTD uk used to do one every year and it was very good, lots of like minded people getting together to talk and show rebreathers, and drink loads of beer :)). A rebreather conference would be really good!!

just an idea

Dave

Phil Siswick, Tango PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

APD Inspiration, Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by dave t  View Original Post
    I agree with Ben but how about a RBW conference? IANTD uk used to do one every year and it was very good, lots of like minded people getting together to talk and show rebreathers, and drink loads of beer :)). A rebreather conference would be really good!!

just an idea

Dave
    That gets my vote. It would be great to meet some of the folks. I wasn't allowed to go to the Birmingham show this year, as it was the weekend before I buzzed off to Scapa. Maybe we could set up a spin-off of either LIDS 2008 or the Birmingham show next year (a bit like the RBW DEMA party, but longer).

Cheers,

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

just an idea

Dave
    Gets my vote

Decodiver

just an idea

Dave
    Not that this is your first good idea David.........:D

I think you're spot on, it would be a great idea.

Cheers,

Dave.

Yerr come on Dave get the beers in:)

Maybe Stuart could arrange something and as he's just up the road from me do you think he'd mind picking me up so I can have a pint or two.

Bob ;)

Phil Siswick, Tango PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

APD Inspiration, Evolution

BUMP :)

So, as it is a few short weeks away, who is going to LIDS this year? Will there be an RBW stand? Any announcements expected, or are we all out of stuff after DEMA?

I'm trying to decide whether to go. I haven't made it to a Dive Show for a couple of years now. Wish I'd made the NEC show last year.

Cheers,

RBW Member nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhilSiswick  View Original Post
    So, as it is a few short weeks away, who is going to LIDS this year?
    Saterday

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast