+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: oms rebreather

Analog Luddite DanFountain is a jewel in the rough DanFountain is a jewel in the rough DanFountain is a jewel in the rough DanFountain is a jewel in the rough DanFountain is a jewel in the rough DanFountain is a jewel in the rough DanFountain is a jewel in the rough DanFountain is a jewel in the rough DanFountain's Avatar
    BP240 conversion

Homebuilts

Historical Rebreather Forum - was oms rebreather

Quote Originally Posted by Dave ******  View Original Post
    Maybe we should have a historical rebreather discussion area? Lots to learn from the old rigs. Staff?
    I'll second that motion!

Dan

Banned MB is an unknown quantity at this point MB's Avatar

Re: Historical Rebreather Forum - was oms rebreather

Quote Originally Posted by DanFountain  View Original Post
    I'll second that motion!

Dan

There probably is sufficient interest to keep a forum open for this. Most of the guys interested are probably already hanging out in the homebuilders forum, but my guess is that a dedicated area would bring in more participants.

Nice Tom Swift avitar, BTW Dan... It's the cover from "Tom Swift and the Electronic Hydrolung", 1961 if the mind recalls correctly. I had that volume in my Tom Swift library when I was a Kid! Ought to get another from EBay. Victor Appleton rules! When I was about ten I had that book and the Skin Diver Magazine of my Dad's with the Electrolung review open side by side at the same time. Boy... the possibilities seemed infinite. They still do.

Staff? Historical Rebreather Discussion forum?

Dave

And who knows this:

The TASER of 'shock the living crap outta a bad guy' fame was named as an acronym for the "Thomas A Swift Eectric Rifle".
    More eclectic knowlage brought to you from the Little Diveshop of Horrors...

Last edited by MB; 31st December 2007 at 18:24.

Diving SIL Technology Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko's Avatar
    Next Generation Rebreather

IDA-71, Ray, LarV, Meg, C96

Staff? Historical Rebreather Discussion forum?
    That would be nice. I am sure there are a lot of members of this forum that would be interested.

Maybe we could even get Fabio to chime in. He told me he is working on a rebreather documentary for the Italian Saturday TV diving channel.

Nice to have content like this on RBW.

Hans Hass

--SB
    Last edited by Thom Susko; 31st December 2007 at 18:22.

Analog Luddite DanFountain is a jewel in the rough DanFountain is a jewel in the rough DanFountain is a jewel in the rough DanFountain is a jewel in the rough DanFountain is a jewel in the rough DanFountain is a jewel in the rough DanFountain is a jewel in the rough DanFountain is a jewel in the rough DanFountain's Avatar
    BP240 conversion

Homebuilts

Nice Tom Swift avitar, BTW Dan... It's the cover from "Tom Swift and the Electronic Hydrolung", 1961 if the mind recalls correctly. I had that volume in my Tom Swift library when I was a Kid! Ought to get another from EBay. Victor Appleton rules! When I was about ten I had that book and the Skin Diver Magazine of my Dad's with the Electrolung review open side by side at the same time.

And who knows this:

The TASER of 'shock the living crap outta a bad guy' fame was named as an acronym for the "Thomas A Swift Eectric Rifle".
    More eclectic knowlage brought to you from the Little Diveshop of Horrors...

Yep, that's Tom. I never read that one as a kid - I guess the library didn't have it. Ran across it while Googling Electrolung... - and bought a copy on Ebay.

Great trivia re: TASER!

Dan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5