+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: oms rebreather

Silent Lucidity mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver's Avatar
    Megalodon

oms rebreather

in case you where wondering here's the latest on the tesseract rebreather
    from oms, check it out, what do you think?

OMS TESSERACT Closed Circuit Rebreather http://www.OMSdive.com

all the best.

Supporting Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar
    rEvoMicro w.hybrid&dsix stand

rEvoII fullsize

Re: oms rebreather

somebody tell narked at 90 to start work on a frame.
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Quote Originally Posted by kybrt  View Original Post
    somebody tell narked at 90 to start work on a frame.
    No hurry there, it's OMS we're talking about. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by mountain diver  View Original Post
    The prototype in the picture is the product of David "greywolf" Weber, an engineer, expert defense witness in product liability cases, and CCR diver. Makes overprized metal frame conversions for the PRISM that NAUI seems to have adopted as standard for trimix PRISM classes. An intresting choice, as the manufacturer doesn't condone it and specifically states that there is no warranty on modified rigs.

Quite some of the layout is ... "inspired" by the PRISM, such as the breathing bags/hoses, "reversed" tanks (O2 left), radial scrubber etc, but the head isn't mounted to a backplate. Also looks quite a bit sturdier, different materials, and the head isn't solid bolted to the mounting plate. Electronics are different, too.

Could be intresting if it ever sees the light of day, one unofficial PRISM development and two official ones. There's the Hollis PRISM 2, and of course the Nautilus CCR, also based around the PRISM, but with the old, smaller 5.4 lbs scrubber and backmounted counterlungs.

OMS has been showing RBs for years, first one I remember was the OMG Azimuth SCR with OMS sticker on it. There have also been a OMS-badged Divematics Shadow Pack III with Shearwater controls as well as OMS-SMI PRISM rumors. Other Manufacturers Stuff ... One of these days it may well be a manufacturer, rather than a prototype or just some labels and bungie wings.

There have been previous threads on the Teaseract, and you can find a video interview with Weber in the gallery. It was also featured in the 2007 catalog, "anticipated availability" 3rd quater 2007. Came and went, I woudn't hold my breath, nor would I build a frame for it quite yet. :p

RBW Member Jeffmedic is an unknown quantity at this point Jeffmedic's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Optima, Titan, inspiration

all the best.
    uhhhh, after a bunch of us got screwed with oms painted tanks?
    I DON'T THINK SO. I personally will never buy anything by oms again.
    I dove the tanks for 5 years while they blistered and peeled. Now i just set them out for students to see; "make your choice students, oms (blistered and peeling) or a mfg that takes care of it's customers?"

I like diving chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter's Avatar
    Mk15.5, Mk15

Inpisspiration, KISS

all the best.
    I would bet serious money (like $10.00) that it won't make the 3rd quarter 2008 deadline. They will just keep pushing it out. It is a marketing ploy, as far as I'm concerned, designed to make "tech" divers feel that OMS is on the cutting edge. Yeah right.

Wasn't Dave ****** supposed to be doing a bunch of consulting on this project? Perhaps he could impart his infinite wisdom on this subject.

Dalış Bahane Alem Şahane teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali's Avatar

looks a bit like the titan?

New Member wilksoner is an unknown quantity at this point wilksoner's Avatar

oh come on give oms a chance again as for the problem with the painted tanks that was fabers fault and thats why oms does not dobussiness with them anymore

Unbanned cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn's Avatar

Yes that's the unit they had at DEMA. It did'nt actually do anything yet but most of the tubing was there and the big fittings screwed togeather and apart.

New Member nicolite is an unknown quantity at this point nicolite's Avatar

I would petition for a redesign of the scrubber canister, looks kinda sinister. OMS branding for the cylinders is a little overdone.

Banned MB is an unknown quantity at this point MB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chunter  View Original Post
    IWasn't Dave ****** supposed to be doing a bunch of consulting on this project? Perhaps he could impart his infinite wisdom on this subject.

No news since... uhh.... about May 2007. My guess is that it's dormant for now. There were some very highly engineered details in the system and it was a clean sheet design with physical similarities to the Prism, but no detail similarities. Oil filled electronics, etc. Pretty high state of mechanical development, low state of electroncs development when I last looked. I'll call Dave one of these afternoons and ask. He's a good guy, and a careful engineer. His materials selection was very well done and the head was virtually bulletproof. VERY high quality machine work on the head. Just gorgeous. I'd have liked to seen it come to fruition. Market is getting saturated with this generation rebreather now though. New rigs need to be really unique to gain market interest.

Dave

Last edited by MB; 27th December 2007 at 03:02.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast