+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Texaco petrol stations [UK] warning.

Custom Title Allowed! Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef's Avatar

Re: Texaco petrol stations [UK] warning.

I demand self determination for my house. Remember 'Passport to Pimlico'?

A comedian on the News Quiz last week said that if there was independance then Scotland would invoice England every time there was a Northerly wind.

Nutty dentist - uwdriller divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov's Avatar
    homebuilder

rEvo powered inspo

you guys in the northern hem. are funny, I always thought it was odd that the west islanders claimed independence form the Mainland ( as Pete pointed out correctly - we do have heaps of the wet stuff here, come on denzel come over and we might give you a gallon or two).

But that english - scotish argument - well great to watch - much better than the Benny Hill show LOL

by the way if the scotish can charge for the northerlies - can we raise water rates if the easterlies bring some of the wet stuff over to the west-island ? Pete what do you reckon ?
    Last edited by divelermentov; 20th November 2007 at 21:23.

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase  View Original Post
    We would be totally reliant on each other on a global scale and peace will inevitably follow.
    We're reliant on each other at the moment, the Saudis need our weapons and we need their oil. Mr Bliar had no complaints about the arrangement.

Anyway, Scotland hasn't started any wars in 262 years. Fair enough, we've a long history of supplying mercenaries around the world for the last millenium, notably to the French to fight the English but we never started it. No harm in free enterprise.

So when i read about the lads a couple of hours drive away asking for independence I immediately see the true meaning of devolution.
    The true meaning of devolution was a means of guaranteeing Labour a national majority. Give them a little carrot and they'll be grateful to us forever. Only that's backfired, Labour got the boot and now they're shitting it because they'll struggle to get a mandate in England with just English and Welsh votes. The Tories have nothing to lose as they are a non-entity in Scotland.

Evolution back wards, a step in the wrong direction, a return to devisions and boundaries, them and us.
    The big thing the English forget is that it is them and us. The majority of Scots see themselves as a group distinct from the English. It isn't an issue of old hatreds, Scotland is a different country, the people have a much different culture. I've lived in England for the last seven years (don't worry, I've got a couple of job interviews in Aberdeen) and it's real, the Scots and the English are very different people. I genuinely feel foreign here. No offence to the English, it's not a criticism, I'm just saying your different from us. Hell, if anything it would be better if you encouraged your "distinctiveness" rather than the self-imposed neutrality that the government forces on you. Having a national identity isn't racism. Anyway...

Genetically there may be not much in it but culturally it's like saying Canada and the US are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Freef  View Original Post
    And Westons Cider comes from...?
    Morrisons :D

Don't forget, it was your king who signed on the dotted line...
    Rub it in. It was us that got Maggie in as well. I do apologise.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilSiswick  View Original Post
    Don't go as far as that - just ask Mr Salmond to fund them as a contribution to the education of the masses and an improvement in national fitness. The cheque will be right along in the post
    Not far from the mark :D

Well, it beats DIR baiting.

Custom Title Allowed! Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lizardland  View Original Post
    Morrisons :D.
    ...and Morrisons started up in...?

Well, it beats DIR baiting.
    I'm half Glaswegian, so I can prod the issue from both sides. It's good when it comes to international sporting fixtures though, as whatever the result I'm happy.

'specially if the Aussies get a hammering... serves the buggers right for giving the world Jason Donnovan.

Still Learning.... Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg's Avatar

Is a country that went bankrupt trying to put some of it's citizens on fever ridden the Isthmus of Panama in 1698-99 (see the Darien scheme on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darien_scheme) and was subsequently bought out be allowed to try to become independent? How would you figure out the interest in the capital invested in 1707? (wait for the distant sound of explosions from north of the border).

At the same time can a country who refers with pride to it's auld alliance with France be allowed out in it's own? (two countries with one sentence!).

On the other hand is there any chance that Scotland and the North of England could declare simultaneous independence from the south? I'm speaking of someone who over the years has got a bit fed up of hearing about another "National ...." or "British ...." being built within an hours drive of central London (that should get Tango going)

Phil Siswick, Tango PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

APD Inspiration, Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Slegg  View Original Post
    On the other hand is there any chance that Scotland and the North of England could declare simultaneous independence from the south? I'm speaking of someone who over the years has got a bit fed up of hearing about another "National ...." or "British ...." being built within an hours drive of central London (that should get Tango going)
    Ant,

You're welcome to do so (except you live in Luxembourg, so I think you've voted yourself out (is there a Luxembourg version of the Westlothian question?).

I suggest independence for the South East, so that we can turn into a North European financial services tiger, freed of all that nasty, smoky industry that you're all so attached to

Cheers,

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Slegg  View Original Post
    Is a country that went bankrupt trying to put some of it's citizens on fever ridden the Isthmus of Panama in 1698-99 (see the Darien scheme on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darien_scheme) and was subsequently bought out be allowed to try to become independent?
    England was bankrupt a few years earlier if economic policy of 300yrs ago matters today :D

How would you figure out the interest in the capital invested in 1707? (wait for the distant sound of explosions from north of the border).
    Would it be along the lines of the damages occurred due to English policy towards Scotland for that subsequent 300yrs? For example, introducing a tax in 1989 that no other part of the UK had to pay and the economic damage from that? Maybe the Highland Clearances... Or damages from London's pathetic lack of defence of Scottish fishing waters in the 80's and 90's... Or perhaps the cost of cleaning up Dounreay or Hunterston... Or back rent from the various nuclear weapons which were parked as far away from London for half of the last century... Or the cost of Whitehall's atrocious mishandling of both Foot & Mouth outbreaks...

If you're going to bring up old legal proceedings then the Labour Party is in contravention of the Declaration of Arbroath (i.e. they are not governing by popular approval in Scotland) and under the terms of the Declaration (ratified by the Vatican which at the time England was still bound to and has never been rescinded) that government may be legally and forcibly removed by any means.

At the same time can a country who refers with pride to it's auld alliance with France be allowed out in it's own? (two countries with one sentence!).
    Oh dear... Who were the English in alliance with against the Dutch in the late 1600's? The real d'Artagnan died whilst fighting in a French/English army. And who was funding England when Charles II had popped his clogs? Even England's favourite king, Richard the Lionheart, couldn't speak a word of English, he was as French as Camembert and cheap cigarettes.

On the other hand is there any chance that Scotland and the North of England could declare simultaneous independence from the south?
    I would doubt it, there is no real precedent. I'm an SNP and independence supporter and I wouldn't vote for a situation which lumped the north of England in with us. Why would Scotland want to be part of a mini-UK?

I'm speaking of someone who over the years has got a bit fed up of hearing about another "National ...." or "British ...." being built within an hours drive of central London (that should get Tango going)
    I've got the National Northwest Golf Centre on my doorstep. I'm not entirely sure what National Northwest means, other than it meaning that a perfectly good tract of countryside is now littered with middle-class scousers (is that more of a contradiction than National Northwest?) in BMW's. I think I may declare a National Scottish Free State in my garden.

Choose Freedom - UKIP Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby's Avatar

We'd like to, we had loads oil but the English stole most of it. Not to worry, they gave us some very nice nuclear waste dumps and the poll tax to make up for it.
    We didn't get the benfit of the oil money either, it all went to an even greater undemocratic regime in Brussels.

If Scotland ever does declare independance will you consider including North West England
    we also know what it means to feel like a stanger in a strange land.

Actually I think North Wales would like to escape from South Wales control too.
    Last edited by Scubascooby; 28th November 2007 at 17:27.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3