Closed Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Attention!!! AI O2 Sensor Recall

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Re: Attention!!! AI O2 Sensor Recall

Quote Originally Posted by Blomman  View Original Post
    Do you or anyone else perhaps know how AP test their cells?

// Blomman
    What rEvo has started doing the last 2 weeks

open the bag, apply a 10k load to the cell from now on and till end of test, wait 1 hour, mesure output voltage in air

then in pressure pot: at 100% humidity, give each cell 5 consecutive dives to 40m with eanx 32, 2hours, time between dives 24 hours
    after 5th dive, let the cell rest for 1 hour, mesure the voltage again

if voltage at the end is within 5% of original voltage, and still in spec (9-13mV), the cell is supposed to be ok

reseal in bag with air

regards

paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

RBW Member dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blomman  View Original Post
    Do you or anyone else perhaps know how AP test their cells?

// Blomman
    Good question and to be honest I am not sure but I will find out on Monday and report back. They do have a full ANSTI machine so I guess they will have no problems sticking batches of cells in the chamber and "diving" them.

Dave

King of the Geeks
    heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by Tino de Rijk  View Original Post

In fact, there is at least one manufacturer here on RBW that says that storing them in a sealed bag doesn't make any difference anyway in terms of overall lifetime. I forgot which one; I thought the guys from Innerspace..? Too lazy to find out.

Look at it this way: if you seal it in a small bag with air, and the cell uses up the remaining O2 in it, it is effectively stored in inert gas, called nitrogen....

ciao,

Tino.

I think that was me, from back in the 90's. (here with some modifications):

You get 1 Year from sensors if you store them in a pressure pot full of O2.
    If you store them in a pressure pot full of Air, you get 12 months.
    If you seal them in a bag full of Helium, you get 52 weeks.
    If you seal them in a bag full of Helium, and store them in the fridge, you get 365 days.

;)

Kevin.

Earning the green stuff.. webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by schford  View Original Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drmike  View Original Post
    i would suggest a forum where mnf only could post - not a place where they could be pulled into time consuming or sometimes confrontational debates. just a notice board if you like
    Got it - I agree and will set it up so only people in a group called Manufacturer can post into it.
    So will the manufacturers be allowed to address individuals or provide their "opinions" on issues relating to their product in this forum?

I like the idea of a thread that I can read that is facts from the manufacturer that is not riddled with opinions and comments from every person with an internet connection. But I also think that thread would be useless if manfacturers have the ability to get on their own soapboxes with impunity.

Earning the green stuff.. webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead's Avatar

A couple of questions from reading these posts....

1) If there was a "recall" on the AI cells from DRE, why isn't there some notice on their web page?

2) If swapping cells individually is the best practice, why do the CCR manufacturers ship their new and overhauled units with cells from the same batch, usually sequential s/n's?

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by schford  View Original Post
    I just spoke to Mark Gregus at AII to talk about this - apparantly there was a manufacturing issue with the last few batches that caused some sensors to fail early, he said that this does not affect every sensor but they are replacing all recent orders to their resellers in the next few days.

The affected AII sensor codes are:

PSR 11-39-MD
    PSR 11-39-APD
    PSR 11-39-JD

So if you have bought a recent AII sensor - then even if it appears ok - my advice woud be not to dive it and get it replaced from your reseller.

Yep thats me and Janos. We took them to 72m yesterday

atb

Mark

RBW Member Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1's Avatar
    ybod

lucky boys,

RBW Member Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1's Avatar
    ybod

It seems to me that AI has no obligation or responsibility to issue any kind of 'recall notice' to the general public.

thats nice to know , THANKs .

Old, maybe one day wise Tino de Rijk has a reputation beyond repute Tino de Rijk has a reputation beyond repute Tino de Rijk has a reputation beyond repute Tino de Rijk has a reputation beyond repute Tino de Rijk has a reputation beyond repute Tino de Rijk has a reputation beyond repute Tino de Rijk has a reputation beyond repute Tino de Rijk has a reputation beyond repute Tino de Rijk has a reputation beyond repute Tino de Rijk has a reputation beyond repute Tino de Rijk has a reputation beyond repute Tino de Rijk's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Inspo Classic, Dolphin, Ray

Quote Originally Posted by heyydude  View Original Post
    I think that was me, from back in the 90's. (here with some modifications):

You get 1 Year from sensors if you store them in a pressure pot full of O2.
    If you store them in a pressure pot full of Air, you get 12 months.
    If you seal them in a bag full of Helium, you get 52 weeks.
    If you seal them in a bag full of Helium, and store them in the fridge, you get 365 days.

;)

Kevin.
    Yep, it was you. Thanks, Kevin.

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Gobfish1  View Original Post
    It seems to me that AI has no obligation or responsibility to issue any kind of 'recall notice' to the general public.

thats nice to know , THANKs .

It makes you sick dosent it.

ATB

Mark