Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention!!! AI O2 Sensor Recall

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Re: Attention!!! AI O2 Sensor Recall

Quote Originally Posted by UWSojourner  View Original Post
    Not to pick on anyone ... but

Whatever happened to Alex Deas's "Teledyne sucks" report and "AI rules" conclusion? I pretty much took it at face value and ordered some AI sensors ... eye roll to me . Are we rethinking the relative merits of Teledyne and AI sensors?
    Following his advice/report I said id try them and i did. But ill be going back to Teledyne at least as until I hear better reports

i suspect in the end they are both equally as crap

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil  View Original Post
    At least now it is official, and it certainly answers all the questions we have had over the last few months about the quality of these cells.

Totally agree with Dr. Mike, communication stinks!!! I just checked their website and guess what no information neither!

Barrie did you get the same info, how do we go about to replace these cells bought through RWS that fit the profile!

Cheers,

Well Ive just risked my life on a long dive using these cells. Before this dive the mnf was aware they needed to recall them but hadnt made any real effort public notice or warning. Who went diving this week with new AI's?
    how about we take out a class action against them for risking our lives failing to notify us? (im only half joking)

Maybe it would take someone getting sued for the suppliers of our life support components to stop acting so criminally negligent

Criminally negligent is a phrase im increasingly associating with many suppliers......

l MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD's Avatar
    classic, sports Kiss

Azimuth, mccr azi

Why am I not surprised

this admission will not change my previous stated opinion.

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=13449

AI are totally useless as far I am concerned. If people on this forum want to sprout how suitable a product is for diving use and then fail to ensure that the company has basic change control practices in place to ensure screw ups like this don't happen with life support equipment, then they better be ready to have their own reputation seriously dented in the fall out.
    every body I know who has used AI cells in the last 4 months has had multiply failure in the first 2 hours. And it's taken them this long to decide they had a problem.

Matthew

RBW Member lancsman is on a distinguished road lancsman is on a distinguished road lancsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil  View Original Post
    At least now it is official, and it certainly answers all the questions we have had over the last few months about the quality of these cells.

Totally agree with Dr. Mike, communication stinks!!! I just checked their website and guess what no information neither!

Barrie did you get the same info, how do we go about to replace these cells bought through RWS that fit the profile!

Cheers,
    Barrie,

Any info yet as I have a batch of four from RBWS in the quoted range, Luckly only had to use one so far but it must be getting close to 10 hours of use.

Cheers

Mark

RBW Member PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv's Avatar

So what do i do with my 3 black AI sensors that died just after a week of diving with them?

I bought new sensors that are white from AI and they seem to work much better.

Now I know why they died so fast, what happened was that all three gave stabel readings at first but they eventually started to drift.

Will AI replace the first batch of the black?

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by PoseidonSv  View Original Post
    So what do i do with my 3 black AI sensors that died just after a week of diving with them?

I bought new sensors that are white from AI and they seem to work much better.

Now I know why they died so fast, what happened was that all three gave stabel readings at first but they eventually started to drift.

Will AI replace the first batch of the black?
    The problem is that not all the cells behave that way. We have cells dead on arrival, but we also have cells performing perfect.
    When I started with AI, I tested cells from different manufacturers, and AI did well. Only on the last batches there seem to be variability.
    rEvo users have been informed about the replacement procedure.

I keep having fate (??) in AI that they correct the problem.

regards

paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

Old, maybe one day wise Tino de Rijk has a reputation beyond repute Tino de Rijk has a reputation beyond repute Tino de Rijk has a reputation beyond repute Tino de Rijk has a reputation beyond repute Tino de Rijk has a reputation beyond repute Tino de Rijk has a reputation beyond repute Tino de Rijk has a reputation beyond repute Tino de Rijk has a reputation beyond repute Tino de Rijk has a reputation beyond repute Tino de Rijk has a reputation beyond repute Tino de Rijk has a reputation beyond repute Tino de Rijk's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Inspo Classic, Dolphin, Ray

Re: Attention!!! O2 Sensor Recall

Quote Originally Posted by Drmike  View Original Post
    I hope those people (including a certain mnf) who promote people change all 3 cells all at the same time think about the potential consequences after reading about the above batch failure.
    Well, at least that mnf we all know you like to take a shot at, takes the trouble of testing each R22 cell he receives before re-selling them....

Maybe a tip for the RBW shop? just buy some of those new shiny Narked@90 cell-checkers and test'm all before distribution. Raise the price a bit, as surely one's life is worth a few dollars/euros/pounds every 6 or 18 months (depending on which school of change regime you're in).
    You could even make two lines: one cheapo, for the dollar-saving fools, saying "not tested, just resold", and one with a premium, saying "testing for 4 ours at 2.0 bar PO2 and was o.k.".

And yes, AI should have done that themselves. But I've learned by now: "trust is good, control is better".

ciao,

Tino.

Decodiver

As Phil has said this explains a lot, especially as one of my last rEvo students has had 3 cells fail one after the other.

Paul, Thorsten will be contacting you direct on that one.

As Mike says though, do these people know that RBW exists?

They should have posted this themselves here, not waiting for others to do their work for them, this is not good.

Perhaps they should demonstrate that they understand that people's lives depend on what they manufacture, does not say a lot about where their priorities lie, IMHO.

I have had more problems with the AIs in the last few months than I have ever had with Teledynes......................................... .........................

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.

Classic KISS No. 226 RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark's Avatar
    Classic KISS w. Shearwater GF

It's not clear or not whether AI are actually recalling or offering replacements. The wording in the original post implies that it's DRE offering to replace cells. I hope I've misread the original post, otherwise it truly is negligent.

I actually need a some replacement cells right now but have been holding out to see if there was an explanation for the recent spate of AI failures. Right now I think I'll be buying Teledynes (shame really I would have liked to support the RBW shop)

Cheers

Rich

Sock Puppet banned - gobfish1 back Bobnob can only hope to improve Bobnob can only hope to improve Bobnob's Avatar

Dr Mike your in box is full ,

and i have some mail for you ,

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast