Closed Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Attention!!! AI O2 Sensor Recall

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Re: Attention!!! AI O2 Sensor Recall

Quote Originally Posted by n2diving  View Original Post
    To the issue of ‘community comes first’, it seems to me that the community is best served by allowing all the manufacturers and retailers a voice too. If Stuart wishes to continue to exercise editorial control over my posts, the posts of other members mentioning Dive Rite Express, and exclude non-advertisers this is certainly his right. However, RBW is no longer serving the community in an unbiased manner. There are conflicts of interest when the owner/operator has editorial and policy control of content, accepts paid advertising and has part ownership with a financial stake in the success of a for-profit retail store serving members. If RBW wishes to present itself as something other than a for-profit business then it seems like RBW should abide by generally accepted practices for non-profit organizations. This is particularly appropriate since RBW solicits and accepts 'donations'.
    Well I guess that would be your opinion Mark - after all you would then get to advertise freely then with out having to pay.

However the fact is nothing has changed since day 1 if you want to make commercial posts or link to commercial sites - then you must pay to help cover the costs of RBW - it is something that you agreed to in our Terms and Conditions.

Thousands of hours and tens of thousands of $ have been spent on the site I give up my time but believe me if the money had all been coming from my pocket it would not have happened.

It seems to me we have grown into a healthy community following our principals of if you are going to make money out of the site then you can pay to keep it going - if you dont like not being able to make commercial posts then pay to advertise or dont complain about it.

Please don't try and spin what is good for the community when your focus is making money out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by n2diving  View Original Post
    ... means I have to explain why I have stopped posting anything business related here.
    Why you have stopped? Nice spin again - however the fact is nothing has changed - always has been no commercial posts or links to them unless you are a sponsor.
    Last edited by schford; 20th November 2007 at 20:11.

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Mark,

We manage just fine thanks very much and I trust the team.

Like I said if you want to advertise pay up.

If you dont have anything constructive to do other than to stir then please go do something else. Let me be clear - our terms and conditions are not up for discussion, you need clarification then ask a member of staff - follow our rules or dont come here. I have better things to do with my time.

Stuart
    Last edited by schford; 20th November 2007 at 20:45.

where can I buy snarfle? the snarfle.com online store seems to be down...

Decodiver

Stuart/Mark,

Guys this was a good thread with many valid points being brought up, primarily about safety and its rapid communication to the people that needed it.

Mark I applaud the way DRE has dealt with this matter, especially the recall. You were bang on.

However, this is the first and hopefully last time, I will need to moderate the board-owner.

Guys please take your discussion, valid as it is, off-line.

This was a great thread and I really don't want it to go downhill.

I am closing this thread and will open another called AI O2 Recall On-Topic discussion.

Whilst your discussion was spawned from this thread, it really has no place here.

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.

Administrator.
    Last edited by Decodiver; 20th November 2007 at 23:47.

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast