+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dolphin Scrubber Half fill adapter

RBW Member escott is an unknown quantity at this point escott's Avatar

Dolphin Scrubber Half fill adapter

Anybody know what the time limit is on the half fill Dolphin scrubber. My course book said 180 and then changed to 155 min. on the full scrubber but I cant find anything on the Half fill. Anybody have any actuall use numbers different from those.
    Scott

Custom Title Allowed! Flup is an unknown quantity at this point Flup's Avatar

Re: Dolphin Scrubber Half fill adapter

Quote Originally Posted by escott  View Original Post
    Anybody know what the time limit is on the half fill Dolphin scrubber. My course book said 180 and then changed to 155 min. on the full scrubber but I cant find anything on the Half fill. Anybody have any actuall use numbers different from those.
    Scott
    I once had a student who did 3 hours on the half fill. :D (although it's not recommendable)

He simply forgot after his first dive (after graduation) he put in a half fill. He still dives the dolphin though .

He now goes by the name "half a cannister is enough for a week of diving pleasure"-Remco.

I would recommend a maximum of an hour and a half on the half fill, and round it of to one dive.

Custom Title Allowed! Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef's Avatar

1 hour, it's less than half the 3 hour duration with the full scrubber because with half the magic CO2 catching goblins mising some of the remaining ones spend all their time using the empty half of the shell to make their voices echo rather than grabbing the CO2 molecules.

Skiving little buggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Flup  View Original Post
    I once had a student who did 3 hours on the half fill. :D (although it's not recommendable)

He simply forgot after his first dive (after graduation) he put in a half fill. He still dives the dolphin though .
    Weren't you tempted to rescind his card??? Lucky escape, and it shows how cautious Drager are in 'lifing' their gear.
    Last edited by Freef; 12th November 2007 at 17:15.

An independent diver. bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso's Avatar
    MCCR Dolphin

I regularly do 30 MFW 6-7 C WT 2 hours on a half fill. In fact yesterday I did the second hour huffing it and 0 problem.

In warm 30C WT I normally do minimum 3 hrs off a half fill. I have done as much as 4+ on a half fill warm water 15 - 20 MSW.

I do use a their anti-channeling divider in the middle of the stack (2 devices total)

My VO2 at rest is 0,9lpm.

Dale

RBW Member escott is an unknown quantity at this point escott's Avatar

Thanks for all the input, gives me somewhere to start.

Scott

Custom Title Allowed! Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef's Avatar

Dragers testing, more rigorous than we are likely to manage.

Note that DiveSorb was used.
    Attached Files

+ Reply to Thread