+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lion Fish on Wrecks off NC Coast

Still Learning Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose's Avatar

Re: Lion Fish on Wrecks off NC Coast

Quote Originally Posted by Russ  View Original Post
    Should be cheap for aquariums now
    Not really Russ,

They are not usually found on an inshore wreck in any numbers, if at all. At 80 bucks or more, a two tank charter way off shore boat ride, the divers time, and other real costs, it is still probably cheaper to buy one that is not stressed.

Talking about costs......

On the collecting for science, I have ridden over 700 miles spending a weekend diving with two grad students to collect a fish....one damned fish.

http://www.atlimp.com/blemmi.htm

Not the best weekend for the fish....but one other divers wife appreciated our being there as you can see if you read the account.

Tom

RBW Censor Bait teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple's Avatar
    Mk 15.5

Mk 15, Classic & Sport KISS

Are you gonna eat that? Seriously, scorpionfish have a very sweet, firm taste, much like a mild lobster. All it takes is the right marketing, and soon, you will be wondering where they all went.

RBW Member Armson is an unknown quantity at this point Armson's Avatar

I have been collecting them off the Coast of NC for a few years. I take them and sell them in the Aquarium store I work at. They actually are quite healthier than the ones that come from the south pacific. As we speak there is a group collecting them in the Bahamas to see if the lionfish all originated from one single source. I think they are on the Aquacat. I was invited but they told me I couldn't bring my Optima so I decided not to go. -B

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2