+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Juergensen Defense and the US Navy

ZeroEmissions Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad's Avatar
    Sentinel/Boris/Evo/Liberty

HomeBuild, AP Classic, Path

Re: Juergensen Defense and the US Navy

Wow, congrats.
    Two great results this year. You're almost ready for an early retirement then.:D

Nad

Helium Addict O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver's Avatar

Congratulations again Dude!

Ted

WEB MERMEN wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang's Avatar
    Inspo-Meg-PosMkVI-CCRDolphin

Prism,rEVO,Mk15.5,KISS,Hmblds

Well done.

King of the Geeks
    heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD!

Thanks everyone for the good wishes.

Will keep you posted on our progress in other navies around the world.

(And no, we're not giving out "free samples"... :D)

All the best,

Kevin.

Supporting Member kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone's Avatar
    Classic Kiss Hammerhead

Sport Kiss Hammerhead

The "Dude" Is the Man
    Now I know who I want to be when I grow up:)

My name aint Bob its Matt BigBoB is on a distinguished road BigBoB is on a distinguished road BigBoB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teksimple  View Original Post
    Congrats, Kevin. Considering some of the US Navy's recent technology decisions (like NMCI--the world's largest IT contract ever), it is fortunate for you that this was one of the Navy's GOOD decisions:D.

Certainly, choosing the Hammerhead for my Mk 15.5 was one of my better decisions.
    Being a Navy guy that just got back from 10 yrs overseas where NMCI does not exist, I was hit in the face by this peice of poop. Some congressman or whoever agreed to this bs needs to hung up by his/her nut sack!

Fabio Barfab will become famous soon enough Barfab will become famous soon enough Barfab will become famous soon enough Barfab's Avatar
    Ouroboros

Sentinel

Quote Originally Posted by heyydude  View Original Post
    Juergensen Defense Corporation and Carleton Life Support Systems are proud to announce the United States Navy Next Generation Underwater Breathing Apparatus (NUBA) Contract Award of the Mark 16 Mod 2 (Explosive Ordinance Disposal) utilizing at it's core, the Juergensen Defense Mark V eCCR Control System.

In June of this year, the Naval Special Warfare Mark 16 Mod 3 (NSW) Contract Award was issued. The Mark 16 Mod 3 is also driven by the Juergensen Defense Mark V Control System.

This system now joins the Carleton NATO Viper E - in service since March of 2007 - all utilizing our state-of-the-art control.

The name Juergensen is now synonymous with the highest quality Rebreather Controls in both the Civilian and Military marketplace - Worldwide.

This is the culmination of a quiet five year effort to create the Next Generation Underwater Breathing Apparatus (NUBA) for the US Navy, and to bring the Viper E type into service. I am very proud to have had the opportunity to work closely with the fantastic people at Carleton as well as our own cadre of Engineers to develop this system, which now becomes part of both the Mark 16's and the Viper E.

For more information, contact
    Juergensen Defense Corporation

Sincerely,

Kevin Juergensen
    President
    Juergensen Defense Corp.
    Congratulations! When a Viper for us?
    Fabio

King of the Geeks
    heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by Barfab  View Original Post
    Congratulations! When a Viper for us?
    Fabio
    Maybe your Navy is already talking to Carleton about the NATO Viper E....?

It's a super machine - nothing like it on Earth - literally. :D

Take care,

Kevin.

Fabio Barfab will become famous soon enough Barfab will become famous soon enough Barfab will become famous soon enough Barfab's Avatar
    Ouroboros

Sentinel

Quote Originally Posted by heyydude  View Original Post
    Maybe your Navy is already talking to Carleton about the NATO Viper E....?
    Yes, it is. May be I'll can see it soon....
    It's a super machine - nothing like it on Earth - literally. :D

Take care,

Kevin.
    Take care,
    Fabio

RBW Member DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee's Avatar

Kevin

It was good seeing you at DEMA 2007, and being able to chat a bit, altho too briefly.

Congratulations on finally coralling the Navy production contract on the Mod 2 !! It was a loooong time in coming

John Clarke had given me a peek at the then-prototype when I was down at NEDU a few years ago, but not many technical details.

In 2006, when I was down at CarlTech, Bob Hennig and Matt Garvey gave me a hands on, detailed briefing on the whole rig..... including the veeery interesting story of why there wasn't an embedded deco algorythm in it at the time. Only an ole Navy diver would / could understand the rationale for that Glad to hear there's one in place now.

Great improvements in the Mod 2 e-section and displays !!. My only major gripe was one of my ooold ones on the primary display cable routing, and the display being attached to the mask. In my book that's always been, and is still, an FMEA entanglement Failure Mode risk. Bob did say that EOD had adopted, or was adopting, a configuration with the cable laying along the breathing hose, and the display attached to the mouthpiece / DSV. As old EOD, I felt better to know that they're 'doing it smarter and safer'

Again.....congratulations !!......and whats next ??

Dan
    Last edited by DanDunfee; 13th February 2008 at 16:25.