Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: So what's new at the ISC stand at DEMA

RBW Member sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave's Avatar
    Sports Kiss

Re: So what's new at the ISC stand at DEMA

Quote Originally Posted by webhead  View Original Post
    I THINK it was Cedric. Not 100% sure. But I know I've seen a picture of this rig on RBW before. And I believe it was in the water. So if anyone else can find the thread about this, please add a link here.

The unit Leon had on display was a nice design. It looked like a lot of gear but considering how much u/w time you could get from that versus a single unit and a lot of bailout....
    http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=2578

I was in the water with Craig Challen and Steve James when they took it for their first trial dives in December 2005. It's been used in anger on MANY dives since then, I thought Mike had some piccies of it in use on his smugmug site, just had a VERY quick look and couldn't see them there... but I know I've seen them somewhere.

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Why are the loop flows in opposite direction on the multi-Meg display picture ?

In the picture, the hoses of the Meg on the right is opposite to the one on the left.

Earning the green stuff.. webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie  View Original Post
    Why are the loop flows in opposite direction on the multi-Meg display picture ?

In the picture, the hoses of the Meg on the right is opposite to the one on the left.
    My guess is so that the counterlung is on the exhale side for each loop.

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

My guess is so that the counterlung is on the exhale side for each loop.
    Thanks, but I am still lost...

If the hoses are not crossed, then the inhalation CLs of both units are on one side and exhalation CLs are the other side. Now, the hoses on the right Meg is opposite the one on the left so what does it mean ?

Should I get more coffee this morning ? :)

Earning the green stuff.. webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie  View Original Post
    Thanks, but I am still lost...

If the hoses are not crossed, then the inhalation CLs of both units are on one side and exhalation CLs are the other side. Now, the hoses on the right Meg is opposite the one on the left so what does it mean ?

Should I get more coffee this morning ? :)
    I see your confusion. Only one CL for each loop. It's actually the "same" counterlung (i.e. exhale with all the fittings for adv and mav and dump). The exhale CL already has all the fittings needed from the factory so there was no mod needed there.

I see your confusion. Only one CL for each loop...
    Ah hah! Thanks, it makes perfect sense now... :)

I should have looked at the pictures more closely than I would have seen that. Thanks again...

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Thanks.....

I can rule out APECS 3 for the time being.

What other new stuff is available......

The Twin Meg doesn't really appeal to me just at the moment.

How about the Fibre Wound Can....Is it available? Lugging the alloy can around the planet is just not very parctical.

Thanks,

Lance

Reads fine print (mostly) Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather's Avatar
    MEGALODON MK15.5

BMR500 IDA71 IDA64 RGUFM AKA60

The other item not yet mentioned about the picture is: that particular double Meg has COMPOSITE (fiber reinforced plastic) cans. I lifted it and it weighs little more than a conventional metal single Meg.

I didn't lift it... didn't want to pull a melvin and knock everything over and have to buy it. But makes sense it would be made of the light weight material. Every time I was at the booth, the guys were all busy talking to customers so I didn't get a chance to go thru the list of what is orderable/shipping and what isn't. I'm sure a call to the factory would answer that.

The pics are not that clear. Especially when you are shooting black on black items. Guess Leon needs to use that neon green neoprene for his next display CLs. :D

Silent diver
    Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci's Avatar
    Meg,JJ-CCR,Inspiration,Prism2

Ouroboros, Sentinel, Kiss,rEvo

Hi,
    Tom Jasper and Patrick Box have 2 Twin Meg during a Viminale Cruise last september in south of Italy

Best regards
    Aldo
    Last edited by Aldo Ferrucci; 2nd June 2010 at 19:14.
    Aldo Ferrucci
    Trimix and Rebreather IT
    Technical CCR/OC Training for Diver and Instructor in Italian - French - English in Italy, France, Belgium, Switzerland,Spain, Red Sea and beyond
    Megalodon/Copis - Inspiration/Evolution - JJ-CCR - Poseidon Discovery MKVI - Instructor Trainer and Dealer

www.aldoferrucci.com FB Aldo Ferrucci
    I like bubbles only in my glass of Champagne

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast