Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: DEMA 2007: Impressions from those staying at home...

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar

Re: DEMA 2007: Impressions from those staying at home...

Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie  View Original Post
    Any more detail information regarding THIS unit ?

I like the case and wonder if the Vision will fit inside (if it is AL, and not SS) ?
    That's the OR only got photos will try to get back for more info.

Closed Account onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime's Avatar

Personally, I haven't seen anything that I want to run out and buy yet... :o

On the RB side I've got to agree. Nothing very appealing and it would seem that vapourware remains the order of the day. Perhaps one day all the talk will catch up to production but I won't hold my breath.

Phil Siswick, Tango PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

APD Inspiration, Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by onetime  View Original Post
    On the RB side I've got to agree. Nothing very appealing and it would seem that vapourware remains the order of the day. Perhaps one day all the talk will catch up to production but I won't hold my breath.
    Nah, by then the talk will have moved on too.....

Cheers,

Re: DEMA 2007: 1st impressions from those staying at home...

I foresee a pi$ contest coming on this one. Having seen the details of the lid, I am sure someone is going to have a fit... ;)
    Hey Phi, what are the "details of the lid"? Most of the pics are kinda dark. The only thing I wondered was the sensors look like they might have the same cross-scurbber issue as the Meg ... is that right? Do you know how the HH/GG RB compares in canister size/weight to the Meg?

I was hoping the GG BMCL might be worth looking at. Seems like you'd say hold out for Dave T's design?

Submerge Productions PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caveseeker7  View Original Post
    Well, my impression so far, from what I've seen:

The Hammerhead CCR looks like a serious contender that could give the Meg a run for the money.
    Hmmmm. I'm not so sure. I never had serious problems with Golemgear stuff and the minor ones where fixed very quickly in a very customer friendly way. I'd wish I could say the same about our Hammerheads.

Submerge Productions PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver's Avatar

What about CO2 sensor ?

I remember Alex Deas was saying there were 4-5 CO2 sensors available for show-and-tell at DEMA-2006. Any of those sensors back this year in a more improved state ?
    I was also expecting multiple CO2 sensors being shown at Dema 2007. But apparently it is Vaporware 2.0?

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UWSojourner  View Original Post
    ...what are the "details of the lid"?...
    I should really let JM or GG post the pictures since it is their units, I just got some previews from the manufacturing source.

Concerning the BMCL, as you know, I have been using the DT BMCL system for 2+ years now on the Meg and Vision units, and can't see ever using anything else.

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCDiver  View Original Post
    I'd wish I could say the same about our Hammerheads.
    Keep that up and you are not going to win any popularity contest from JM... ;)

untitled tibby has a spectacular aura about tibby has a spectacular aura about tibby has a spectacular aura about tibby has a spectacular aura about tibby has a spectacular aura about tibby's Avatar

A newbe's view...I have no regrets I recently bought an Apecs 2.5 as nothing at DEMA appears to be all that. The HH/GG is ok but how's it different from a Hammermeg with a BOV aside from maybe initial cost? Also, most divers on most dives don't need a 7.5lb scrubber as it would be a waste of lime.
    The new CIS I'll pass for now as it looks like it was made by Mattel.
    The OR is designed for commercial stuff for now so nothing new for the little consumer like myself. Maybe later?..and BTW, no way that thing's gonna' ever sell for less than $5000 unless they can sell 500K units a year or something.
    I could see the Sentinel being ok but it's plumbing looks a bit fragile under the cowling, same goes for its somewhat exposed CL (or CLs?).
    I'm dissapointed about the CO2 monitors that we were promised. What's up with that?
    Also, where the hell is the Tesseract? That one sure revolutionized the market, didn't it?
    That's it, I'm going diving with my cutting-edge Meg.
    Cheers
    Tibby

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

Quote Originally Posted by tibby  View Original Post
    Also, most divers on most dives don't need a 7.5lb scrubber.../...
    You could say that about most new stuff and most new rigs... Seems to me that manufacturers took the option to pull the market toward the high end "showing of" their best available technology, capabilities and know how.
    IMO, all this does is complicates matters, makes it time consuming to prep for most of our dives.
    I would like to see a back to basics trend incorporating user friendly and safety features. Sort of what the car industry did with the ABS/ESP... It's there when you need it but you don't need to spend 15mn setting up the system before you start up your car to go get the bread round the corner.
    Best
    Philippe

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast