Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: DEMA 2007: Impressions from those staying at home...

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

DEMA 2007: Impressions from those staying at home...

Thanks for the pictures from the show, that's great service from the DEMA Team!

Just thought I would poll the general feeling of those staying at home and looking at the pictures of new RB toys introduced this year at DEMA.

What does everyone think ?

Personally, I haven't seen anything that I want to run out and buy yet... :o

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Re: DEMA 2007: 1st impressions from those staying at home...

Well, my impression so far, from what I've seen:

The Hammerhead CCR looks like a serious contender that could give the Meg a run for the money.
    It has integrated deco, redundant if you want, and what looks like a nice scrubber.
    Both items ISC has been promising for quite a while.

The Disco is a bit of a disappointment at least visually, and their marketing worries me.

The PRISM 2 at this stage is just a moded and pimped prototype based PRISM Topaz.
    Too bad Hollis hadn't more to show. Basic loop has always been great on that rig, but unless we know how it's build there is no telling if there's the needed improvements.

Personally I like the Sentinel a lot. Nicely build, many of the Ouroboros features at more reasonable price tag. And I do have learned to appreciate backmounted lungs. ;)

The rest I yet to catch up with.

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caveseeker7  View Original Post
    The Hammerhead CCR looks like a serious contender that could give the Meg a run for the money.
    I foresee a pi$$ing contest coming on this one. Having seen the details of the lid, I am sure someone is going to have a fit... ;)

I do love the radial scrubber and BOV as I have been using them, but have no recent experience with the lastest HH for about 4 years now.

The Disco...The PRISM 2 at this stage is just a moded and pimped prototype based PRISM Topaz.
    Never was interested in the Prism so also no interest in a repackaged version either.

Personally I like the Sentinel a lot.
    I have a small interest in the Sentinel (i.e. the electronic and WOB) but can't decide since (to be honest) I can't figure out the details from the pictures available thus far - a little dark.

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie  View Original Post
    I foresee a pi$ contest coming on this one. Having seen the details of the lid, I am sure someone is going to have a fit... ;)

I do love the radial scrubber and BOV as I have been using them, but have no recent experience with the lastest HH for about 4 years now.

Never was interested in the Prism so also no interest in a repackaged version either.

I have a small interest in the Sentinel (i.e. the electronic and WOB) but can't decide since (to be honest) I can't figure out the details from the pictures available thus far - a little dark.

As above really. The CIS thing looks a bit odd but interesting. If the new HH actually proves reliable Id be very interested as when they work they are great. I am trying not to get too interested in the Sentinel but of all the new toys it looks the most interesting especially being based in the UK.

Before i do anything more i have to convince Howard to get the Shearwater Head for the Classic. THAT is definitely top of my of interest list. It looks great and my experiences with the Shearwater GF head on my KISS has been excellent.

ATB

Mark

Re: DEMA 2007: Impressions from those staying at home...

Any more detail information regarding THIS unit ?

I like the case and wonder if the Vision will fit inside (if it is AL, and not SS) ?

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Any more detail information regarding THIS unit ?

I like the case and wonder if the Vision will fit inside (if it is AL, and not SS) ?

Forget it M8 waaaaaaayyyyy too big and heavy

Mind you i know where you can get a Travel frame for it :D

ATB

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase  View Original Post
    Forget it M8 waaaaaaayyyyy too big and heavy

Mind you i know where you can get a Travel frame for it :D
    Obviously, the TF is definitely THE choice when travel... :)

I am still looking to upgrade from my home-made frame for week-end use.

Thought I might have found one when Alex was selling his brand new Alibox, but when it arrived a month later, it was the Evolution version so I am debating if it is worth the hassle/cost to ship to Mike Hearn (who very graciously offer to exchange for a Vision size).

Classic KISS No. 226 RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark's Avatar
    Classic KISS w. Shearwater GF

Thanks for the pictures from the show, that's great service from the DEMA Team!

Just thought I would poll the general feeling of those staying at home and looking at the pictures of new RB toys introduced this year at DEMA.

What does everyone think ?

Personally, I haven't seen anything that I want to run out and buy yet... :o
    The only things have caught my interest so far is the Hammerhead/Golem CCR. It has the *potential* to scream quality. And Paul's rEvo with Shearwater, just wish he'd use Brice's HUD as well and keep a single rEvodream and independant backup across two cells.

Cheers

Rich

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

my impression mostly...

The 'antique' prism with a new label - yay!

An old meg with a different handset

An old inspiration with a BOV

Some units with hammerhead controllers

Come on guys give us something new and interesting. How about pushing the technology or market FORWARD?

Only thing of any interest IMO (and pushing tech forward) the only things i would have actually broken my stride to stop and look at :-

Sentinel
    Disco
    Alexs stuff
    Golem/hh rb

Last Dema was crap (apart from the blonde lesbian thing and the free booze at the PADI conferance) glad i didnt bother with this one
    Last edited by Drmike; 2nd November 2007 at 10:59.

What about CO2 sensor ?

I remember Alex Deas was saying there were 4-5 CO2 sensors available for show-and-tell at DEMA-2006. Any of those sensors back this year in a more improved state ?
    Last edited by decoweenie; 2nd November 2007 at 15:04. Reason: correction

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast