+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Deepest Reb Wreck dive set by Luigi Casati -211 Jolanda Wreck Red Sea (!!)

New Member GiBi is an unknown quantity at this point GiBi's Avatar

Exclamation Deepest Reb Wreck dive set by Luigi Casati -211 Jolanda Wreck Red Sea (!!)

This has to be confirmed as a record.

Two weeks ago Luigi Casati has made a record breaking dive by descending to -211 meters with a Voyager Reb filming the Cargo Ship Jolanda in the Red Sea.

"The Cargo has left an impressive canyon while moving down to the actual position at -211. Most of it is torn into pieces maybe for the strong currents."

"The cargo has stopped on a small wall step. From there the wall goes down steeply to -800 meters"

The dive was supposed to be also photographed but the camera casing imploded at -185 meters.

Cheers

Giovanni

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Re: Deepest Reb Wreck dive set by Luigi Casati -211 Jolanda Wreck Red Sea (!!)

Very impressive!

Could you give some more details regarding the dive please ?
    • Where is the wreck ? As in which area of Red Sea (i.e. Hurghada, Sharm, etc) since I am ignorant about it and want to learn more.
    • The logistic ? Which operator is organizing and supporting for the dive.
    • Which brand of camera housing that was imploded ? 185m is still rather impressive testament that might be interested for those who dive up to approx that depth.
    Thanks... and congratulations to Luigi.

Ladies bring a plate Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve's Avatar

Hi,

Interesting stuff. If possible could someone either PM me or post his dive plan?

Thanks in Advance
    WARNING: I contain occasional coarse language, extreme sexual references, nudity, and adult themes, which may offend some people - Usually churchy types.

RBW Member Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie  View Original Post
    Very impressive!

Could you give some more details regarding the dive please ?
    • Where is the wreck ? As in which area of Red Sea (i.e. Hurghada, Sharm, etc) since I am ignorant about it and want to learn more.
    • The logistic ? Which operator is organizing and supporting for the dive.
    • Which brand of camera housing that was imploded ? 185m is still rather impressive testament that might be interested for those who dive up to approx that depth.
    Thanks... and congratulations to Luigi.
    Jolanda (Yolanda?) is at Ras Mohammed. Its cargo of bathroom and toilet suites sits on a reef at around 15 - 25 metres or so, daytrippers from Sharm are there are all the time. The wreck itself is obviously much deeper!

Leigh Cunningham, Instructor from Ocean College based at Sharm, and Mark Andrews, dived it a couple of years ago but that was on OC. Nina Preisner, another instructor from Ocean College dived the bow section earlier this year at around 160 metres. (Again on OC)

Can't answer your other two questions I'm afraid.

I agree with last comment - Congratulations to Luigi.

Are there any pictures or video?

Dive safe,

Gary
    Last edited by Gary Graham; 27th October 2007 at 15:48. Reason: Want to see it!!

Sorry guys

Luigi is in anoteher expedition in Greece so I will have more info when he comes back.

Here is the location:

http://www.divingandsafaris.com/Egyp...smohammed1.jpg

Here is an "informal" video:

Cheers :)

New Member marcinp is an unknown quantity at this point marcinp's Avatar

in march 2006 polish diver Grzegorz "Banan" Dominik was diving on yolanda wreck 210m using modified inspiration classic

marcin podolak

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GiBi  View Original Post
    Sorry guys

Luigi is in anoteher expedition in Greece so I will have more info when he comes back.

Here is the location:

http://www.divingandsafaris.com/Egyp...smohammed1.jpg

Here is an "informal" video:

YouTube - team yolanda

Cheers :)

I see in the video the uwatec bottom timer is showing depth of 211m - I thought they only show max 99m on display? or have they changed the design now? (I recall on one of my dives when I first got it that I kept looking at it and thinking how come my depth wasnt increasing lol!:D just kept saying 99m :D

RBW Member gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas's Avatar
    Megalodon

RB80 Clone, CastoroC96, RGU

Quote Originally Posted by Drmike  View Original Post
    I see in the video the uwatec bottom timer is showing depth of 211m - I thought they only show max 99m on display? or have they changed the design now? (I recall on one of my dives when I first got it that I kept looking at it and thinking how come my depth wasnt increasing lol!:D just kept saying 99m :D
    yap, the new ones go to -330!

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gtzavelas  View Original Post
    yap, the new ones go to -330!
    cool! about time too!

..anyone want to buy an old model uwatec? :D Only one careless owner :D

Here is what Luigi Casati has wrote me about this deep reb wreck dive:

"Just to clarify a few things about the dive on Yolanda Reef/Wreck, we didn't find a real shipwreck during the expedition. What we found down there are only metal scrabs of the Yolanda, 4/5 containers and 1 heat exchanger. We also found 2 anchors, the first at -68 the second at -170. Maximum depth was -211 on Uwatec (-204 on VR3). There was no current and the visibility was unbelievably clear, beyond 50m even at the bottom, with no artificial light. From -20 to -204 we covered 329mt of distance. We didn't encountered any shark luckily.. [or unfortunately.. ] "

So I hope this will help

Also look at this video:

http://www.subcanavesani.it/video/Tg...ia_Jolanda.avi

Cheers

GiBi
    Last edited by GiBi; 8th November 2007 at 10:54.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast