+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: My ear hurts.

SiegeEngine II Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon's Avatar

Question My ear hurts.

This is probably diving related.

My ear hurts. Has done for a day or two. Have done a week's diving, some of it in really murky, dirty water and I may have been late and enthusiastic in equalising.

Anyway, my ears clear easy and always have. Now it (my left ear) aches and it hurts if you push on the outer ear, at the base. Clearing it works although it's louder than the normal side when it pops. It is just slightly less good at hearing high frequencies (rubbing fingers) but marginal.

Any ideas what is wrong and what I can do about it? Going to a doctor is such a pain here in the UK and I probably won't get to see anyone for a couple of days.

Custom Title Allowed! HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM's Avatar

Re: My ear hurts.

He's been whinging about it all weekend. Please, somebody help him before I have to kill him.

H

P.S. Awww, diddums ;)

SiegeEngine II Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon's Avatar

I hate you.

Custom Title Allowed! HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mdemon  View Original Post
    I hate you.
    Yes dear. I love you too. Just not when you have the ear equivalent of man-flu.

You'll have to speak up...

RBW Member SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ's Avatar

This is probably diving related.

My ear hurts. Has done for a day or two. Have done a week's diving, some of it in really murky, dirty water and I may have been late and enthusiastic in equalising.

Anyway, my ears clear easy and always have. Now it (my left ear) aches and it hurts if you push on the outer ear, at the base. Clearing it works although it's louder than the normal side when it pops. It is just slightly less good at hearing high frequencies (rubbing fingers) but marginal.

Any ideas what is wrong and what I can do about it? Going to a doctor is such a pain here in the UK and I probably won't get to see anyone for a couple of days.
    Sorry mate but you need it looking at. It is likely to be either a mild barotrauma with some bruising to the tympanic membrane (ear drum) or otitis externa (infection in the ear canal) from swimming in mucky water. Either way your GP or practice nurse should be able to diagnose this in about 2 minutes with a quick look in your lug hole. Would happily fit you into morning surgery if you can travel to Whitby! :D

Thumbs up Re: My ear hurts.

Oh. Damn. Well, thanks Steve. I guess I'll have to line up with the other Unclean and wait my turn.

Any idea if this sort of thing lasts a long time?

(Whitby? Hmmm... 6 hours according to Google, but I guess I could do Dorothea on the way back... ;) )

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ  View Original Post
    Sorry mate but you need it looking at. It is likely to be either a mild barotrauma with some bruising to the tympanic membrane (ear drum) or otitis externa (infection in the ear canal) from swimming in mucky water. Either way your GP or practice nurse should be able to diagnose this in about 2 minutes with a quick look in your lug hole. Would happily fit you into morning surgery if you can travel to Whitby! :D
    Damn. Sympathy certificate issued.

RBW Member SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ's Avatar

Oh. Damn. Well, thanks Steve. I guess I'll have to line up with the other Unclean and wait my turn.

Any idea if this sort of thing lasts a long time?

(Whitby? Hmmm... 6 hours according to Google, but I guess I could do Dorothea on the way back... ;) )
    Well, if you set off soon, I'll see you first at 8am, as a favour :D

Talking Re: My ear hurts.

That's service for you! :D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast