+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RB scams on Ebay, suggestion for the admins

Custom Title Allowed! Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef's Avatar

RB scams on Ebay, suggestion for the admins

Would it be an idea to put a 'sticky' on the scams forum with suggestions on how to spot a scam, how to report it to ebay, and how to alert others?

Also, on the for sale forums, a note that if the item is on Ebay to say you are a RBW user [with your user name] so people don't mistake a genuine scam for a genuine sale?

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar

Re: RB scams on Ebay, suggestion for the admins

Are you going to write it then?

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

I believe that it is a good idea. eBay has a page with alot of info on rebreather scams also.

More than anything (my opinion) is to have the RBW members inspect listing for each other. One member might know something that others don't.

Question----- What is to stop a scammer from using someones RBW username in his ebay listing? Yes, a PM could be sent to verify the listing, OK it would eliminate an unnecessary thread if it was legit. Stupid question right?

It might save somebody a wad of cash!!!!! That makes it worthwhile in my books.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Custom Title Allowed! Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beanie  View Original Post
    Are you going to write it then?

I'll have a go tomorrow [Thurs] if you like, but I don't use Ebay that much.

The best I can do is have a look at the scam stuff on Ebay and here and knock something up.

If that will do I'll submit it on this thread and ask 'da Boss' to have a look.

+ Reply to Thread