+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Those confusing acronyms and abbreviations.

Duvet Diver Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A's Avatar
    ETLA
    Extended three leter abreviation.

Simon A

Pedant dteubner is a name known to all dteubner is a name known to all dteubner is a name known to all dteubner is a name known to all dteubner is a name known to all dteubner is a name known to all dteubner is a name known to all dteubner is a name known to all dteubner is a name known to all dteubner is a name known to all dteubner is a name known to all dteubner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Field
    I am surprised not to see "SNAFU" and "FUBAR" on the list, these are the most commonly used phrases on trips I attend.... maybe its just because I'm there?
    In between SNAFU and FUBAR there is TARFU (things are really fvcked up)

FUBAR also has an important medical qualifier - BNADY. So if someone is FUBAR, BNADY they are fvcked up beyond all recognition, but not actually dead yet.

Dave T

RBW Member sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave's Avatar
    Sports Kiss

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    You also forgot:

PUE

and

PADIANNTIAC

but I let you find the explanation for those here:

http://www.users.on.net/~abowie/PFTM.htm

Cheers :)
    I'm surprised no-one else has picked up on these two... take the time to read the link, guarantee its one of the funniest things I've read for a LOOONG time!!!

"Two Sheds" Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos's Avatar
    JJ Rebreather

Classic Kiss

Quote Originally Posted by sadave
    I'm surprised no-one else has picked up on these two... take the time to read the link, guarantee its one of the funniest things I've read for a LOOONG time!!!
    Very amusing

. I've started working towards Advanced Drinker qualification, although you'll see that I've not got many sign-offs. Probably because I keep forgetting what I've achieved on a drinking trip.

Janos
    Attached Images

New Member Otter is an unknown quantity at this point Otter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caveseeker7
    She better be obeyed or you may get a serious hit of hyperspousia. :p
    Wouldn't it be hypospousia?
    Last edited by Otter; 3rd November 2005 at 23:44.

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

No !

Hypo- denotes lack, hyper- too much.

Hyperspousia happens when your spouse gets all hyped up and becomes dangerous to your health.

You suffer hypospousia when you don't get laid.

Which makes the spousias unique as you can, indeed usually will, suffer both at the same time.

The oxias can't do that.

Holiday diver denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel's Avatar
    And when the hyper or hypo spousia comes to an end, and you hit the personals...
    A SNAG is a Sensible New Age Guy, but what's with the Caring Understanding Ninties Type...

Custom Title Allowed! db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jptaylor9
    And there was me thinking DIR was "Dive Inspiration Rebreather" :D

JT
    This one makes me sad and raises my hair.
    I had a nice "battle" of discussion with Luca Torelle. he had the DIY Doing it Yellow webside and in the discussion he also mentioned your version.
    He went diving on a weekend and said we would continue later.
    He never made it back with his Rebreather....

Custom Title Allowed! db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us's Avatar
    But i have another one:

PCMCIA People cannot memorize computer industries acronyms

Administrator ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by db8us
    This one makes me sad and raises my hair.
    I had a nice "battle" of discussion with Luca Torelle. he had the DIY Doing it Yellow webside and in the discussion he also mentioned your version.
    He went diving on a weekend and said we would continue later.
    He never made it back with his Rebreather....
    Just as a note of information for those who many not be familiar, Luca did a test dive solo with some new modiifications on his unit. There was no one there to act as safety diver when those mods did not work. At that point, it was by no means a factory YBOD.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast