+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Rebreather Comparison Chart

Choose Freedom - UKIP Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby's Avatar

Re: Rebreather Comparison Chart

Why is the Evolution WOB better than the Inspi ? Is it just down to the scrubber size or are there other differences ?

Mightily impressed with the CK.

Personally I dislike the CE pass/fail philosophy. The testing should be such that it does not favour one unit and the results should be published for the buyer to decide unless the unit drops below an acceptable level. Sort of like vehicle type approval. This is a young industry and designers need to be encouraged to innovate and improve.

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

**** given that there is no description of how the data was measured on the poster with the data presented then that data is meaningless and just manufacturer hype.
    rachel

Quote Originally Posted by schford  View Original Post
    It was explained to me - that if the CO2 rate was lowered than the other scrubbers would do proportionally better too. So again the cartridge would be last? Is this wrong (I understand the basic theory behind it all but dont profess to be an epxert or have played with test equipment)?
    I think what Kevin has done here is a good start but exactly how balanced this is remains to be seen until all of the details on the testing have been shown. (Obviously hard to do based on what information we have been given to this point.) For example we see Paul's comment on the rEvo numbers as they apply to the ammount of scrubber that's used and Alex's on what assumptions the Optima was designed for etc... I am also not personally convinced that this information scales in a linear fashion when you change things like C02 flow, temperature depth etc... With that I think it's premature to say that this one set of graphs makes this CCR better than another... Once we fully understand the "how and why's" around the testing this may change but personally I am not there yet....

Thanks

Mark
    Last edited by schford; 16th October 2007 at 17:47.

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

There was a big disclaimer on the top of the chart that data was collected from manufacturers websites and independent testing. Any manufacturer finding inaccurate data should both check their websites and contact C2R.

It also said corrected will be accepted from corroborated independent sources (as Alex or RBW would be).

Anyway, had RBW done the testing some yhoos would have jumped all over it claiming we give preferred treatment to sponsors or some nonsense like it. Someone will always be complaining (not talking about Paul here, he should definitely contact C2R about the discrepancies he found).

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Quote Originally Posted by caveseeker7  View Original Post
    There was a big disclaimer on the top of the chart that data was collected from manufacturers websites and independent testing. Any manufacturer finding inaccurate data should both check their websites and contact C2R.

It also said corrected will be accepted from corroborated independent sources (as Alex or RBW would be).

Anyway, had RBW done the testing some yhoos would have jumped all over it claiming we give preferred treatment to sponsors or some nonsense like it. Someone will always be complaining (not talking about Paul here, he should definitely contact C2R about the discrepancies he found).
    Stefan,

Thanks for the additional details here... I for one then think it would be great if Kevin would share the specific sources for each... This website or this indep. testing etc... This would go a long way to put things into context.

Mark

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Already mailed to C2R asking for the chart, Stuart probably did the same.
    We'll post it when we get them, or I'll try getting the pics online asap.

Enjoying the silence Lake_Tahoe_Diver will become famous soon enough Lake_Tahoe_Diver will become famous soon enough Lake_Tahoe_Diver will become famous soon enough Lake_Tahoe_Diver's Avatar
    Prism Topaz

Kiss Sport

I wonder why he left off the data for the Prism's scrubber?

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lake_Tahoe_Diver  View Original Post
    Probably can't find any available unit to test.

PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Quote Originally Posted by Lake_Tahoe_Diver  View Original Post
    Phi's guess is as good as any, there are only three PRISMs in the UK afaIk ...
    those would be the only ones in Europe I gather.

I do remember the term "volume production model" coming from one of the people,
    which pretty much would eliminate the PRISM, too. :o

Anyway, already PMed Alex that the unit should be included as technically it is in production,
    has been for a long time, and has the rare radial scrubber.

Am also curious just how well the unit stands up to CE protocol.
    Same is true for the WOB, would have loved to know how it compared to the rest of the lot.
    Pete always boasts about both, I know the perceived WOB is very good,
    but I want comparable numbers.

Andy Pitkin here on the board is in the UK and may have played along.
    Maybe he will when Alex tests. :D

Morgan's Mum bendomatic is just really nice bendomatic is just really nice bendomatic is just really nice bendomatic is just really nice bendomatic is just really nice bendomatic is just really nice bendomatic is just really nice bendomatic is just really nice bendomatic is just really nice bendomatic's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sport Kiss

i guess my BS meter peaked because we have a saying in my line of research: if you don't have much in the way of good data make a pretty picture to present.... i don't have the benefit here in aus to hear KG or his representatives verbally explain.... all i see is lots of little graphs with no real description whatsoever. and no i don't think the disclaimer of independent testing etc is a description! could be the Uzbekistan Peoples Front for all i can see, i can't see that it was to some particular EN standard....there is an underlying assumption of knowledge that if i don't already have, makes it very difficult to view what's been presented as objective. hence it comes across as marketing.

so as it stands, on its own, the poster doesn't mean much to me.

rachel
    Last edited by bendomatic; 15th October 2007 at 23:22.

Andy Pitkin apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin's Avatar
    Prism 1

various

Quote Originally Posted by caveseeker7  View Original Post
    Andy Pitkin here on the board is in the UK and may have played along.
    Maybe he will when Alex tests. :D
    I'd love to help, but I've moved to North Florida, and brought my Prism with me. So that's down to 2 in the UK.

Crap weather, postal strikes, crap weather, petrol prices, property prices, crap weather. Did I mention the crap weather?

Andy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast