+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Rebreather Comparison Chart

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Re: Rebreather Comparison Chart

Quote Originally Posted by iain-hsm  View Original Post
    In most studies they have been on the effect of gaseous bends caused by the diluent gas, nitrogen N2 etc however the latest studies on mice have shown that high C02 breathing causes a local supersaturation of C02 in the lower gut and spleen. When the mice are then subjected to intravenous nitrogen gas (bends) the N2 bubbles formed increase in size faster and larger dependant on the amount of C02 in super saturation that had occurred earlier in the spleen, prior to the onset of the bends. The resultant gas bubble production also has been observed to cause liver damage. Your advantage with Prism is the low WOB and good scrubber exchange. Iain Middlebrook

Always nice to have an advantage Iain, and if my understanding of history is correct, I have you and Peter to thank for it.:)

And thanks for the very interesting info on the bad interplay between super saturated CO2 and inert gas loading, I had no idea there was such a phenomenon. I guess the intricate workings of our physiology guarantee none of our vital functions happens in isolation. It is frightening sometimes to think how little we know about constant PO2 diving... -Andy

rEvo combat swimmer fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman's Avatar
    rEvo

Orca

So the YBOD is the only CE approved breather and it has killed more divers than any other--so much for that standard. rEvo combat swimmer and loving it. My rEvo does breath better than my aka-60. My PeePee is longer than yours also...
    I think if you correct for man breast mass, the numbers will make much more sense.

Nicholas Smith Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo's Avatar
    Megalodon

Am I reading this right? I looked for WOB numbers for OC regs and came up with this:
    Divernet | Group tests | 15 Regulators on test
    50m depth with 63 l/min ANSTI test.
    The best reg was the Atomic Z2 at 0.72J/l. Most of the regs were below 2J/l
    Against this, only the Boris has a WOB below 2J/l.
    I suppose it makes sense since you're breathing through 2.5kg of kitty litter. Makes it pretty clear that you should be far more liberal with the helium than you would be with OC.
    Last edited by Abbo; 19th October 2007 at 13:10.

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Abbo  View Original Post
    Am I reading this right? I looked for WOB numbers for OC regs and came up with this:
    Divernet | Group tests | 15 Regulators on test
    50m depth with 63 l/min ANSTI test.
    The best reg was the Atomic Z2 at 0.72J/l. Most of the regs were below 2J/l
    Against this, only the Boris has a WOB below 2J/l.
    I suppose it makes sense since you're breathing through 2.5kg of kitty litter. Makes it pretty clear that you should be far more liberal with the helium that you would be with OC.
    difficult to compare: in OC you exhale directly into the water

paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

Nicholas Smith Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo's Avatar
    Megalodon

Quote Originally Posted by paulraymaekers  View Original Post
    difficult to compare: in OC you exhale directly into the water

paul
    I don't follow: a joule's a joule isn't it?!

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Abbo  View Original Post
    I don't follow: a joule's a joule isn't it?!
    I mean, in general, it is far easier to devellop OC with less then 1J/l than CC, because in OC, you exhale directly in the water, and not in a restrictive system

paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

RBW Member iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AD_ward9  View Original Post
    EN14143 is on the internet.

the Russian definition of an expert: A person who has made all possible mistakes in a very narrow field. I am getting there slowly

Alex
    My father I recall had a similar saying, as consultant engineers concentrating on each smallest component in an overall design. As we got to understand more and more about less and less of the design, more and more time was taken up on less and less important parts of the project.

“Keep this up and we will know everything there is to know about bugger all” :)

RBW Member iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhilSiswick  View Original Post
    This is fascinating - many thanks. What conclusions do you draw for recreational (say up to 50m diving)? A shallower change to rich mix to reduce the amount of N2 in the gas? Or do you think that the same mechanism applies to He bubbles?

Cheers,
    Hi Phil

Not to go off post, but you cant make this conclusion as it is C02 retension that is the precurser re mix I will post (new post) some of the early work in the C02 retainers later.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11