+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Justyfing the cost of a Rebreather.

New Member megdiver12 is an unknown quantity at this point megdiver12's Avatar
    it is more than worth it. the money I spent. and I am save money on gas

Martini Diver Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW's Avatar
    rEvo III Expedition + others

rEvo Meg AP Sentinel KISS

Well i don't think it's expensive at all. If you want to know about an expensive hobby ask me to tell you about my last wife.

Team Torrent Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon TW
    Well i don't think it's expensive at all. If you want to know about an expensive hobby ask me to tell you about my last wife.

Sorry. I just had to make a comparison chart! :)

Wife
    Sexy (most of the time)
    Expensive
    Persnickety
    Whine
    Silent and deadly at just the right moment
    In laws

Rebreather
    Sexy (straight out of the box)
    Expensive
    Persnickety
    No Whine (buzzer disabled)
    Silent and deadly if used improperly
    No inlaws !!!!

Now I have to find a dark corner before I get beaten.

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon TW
    Turning a perfectly irrational woman into my ex was the most financially astute thing I ever did. Strange how my purchase of a KISS and her departure seemed to coincide :)

In terms of the abuse that the other parts of my body has suffered in the last two months, it has however been extremely expensive. And the things I've had to do... the horror... the horror... the horror... I'm sure I'll develop arthritis through half of it in later life. Bits of me feel like a thumb that's been hit with a hammer...

That icon seems so appropriate...

Rebreathers and unreasonable partners are more volatile than lithium hydroxide and a flooded loop.

Holiday diver denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel is a splendid one to behold denzel's Avatar

Talking

C'mon. Stop al that. What ever happend to, "i just want one!"

And don't even start about your ex. Just found out that after being legally divorced 2 years ago that due to a mistake we're still married.
    While my ex is re-married.
    Wonder if I'm now halve married to new husby , and if i'm intitled to halve of his stuff now.

And what's "persnickety" for the E.S.L. ?

denz.

Team Torrent Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by denzel
    C'mon. Stop al that. What ever happend to, "i just want one!"

Wonder if I'm now halve married to new husby , and if i'm intitled to halve of his stuff now.

And what's "persnickety" for the E.S.L. ?

denz.

You're right! We should stop all this...however, it's my only way of being able to vent short of being on a show like Oprah Winfrey. If a female is watching that show and you happen to walk in at the wrong time - watch out!

Actually, my significant other is quite supportive of all this rebreather stuff and puts up endless talks about diving. So I have it lucky.

"Persnickety" is a person who is fussy, or overly detail oriented. Cheers. Ken

LEARNING CONTINUALLY rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

Classic YBOD

Just a couple of good ole boy southern sayings:1) The difference between men and boys is the price of the toys. 2) Speed cost money. How fast do you want to go?

Wrecked wrecked is on a distinguished road wrecked is on a distinguished road wrecked's Avatar
    rEvoIIIStd

KISS, rEvoIII

Quote Originally Posted by schford
    I was chatting to a friend earlier about getting engaged and explained how we did it on Rebreathers and he was interested.
    Hmm... married too the breather or another person?

Quote Originally Posted by schford

So I tell him and he is like damn how the hell do you justify buying one of those let alone both you and Sarah having one.

Which kind of got me thinking it really is big cash we all spend on this.

I kind of dragged Sarah and I into it I guess for the following reasons.

As I am a total gadget freak and I could afford it. You could argue it is safer, cheaper for gas in long term, lighter etc etc but in honesty thats not really why I got them.

Which got me thinking - is this indicative of how things are changing in general with people prepared to spend much much more on their leisure activites?

If that is the case are we going to see massive growth in the RB mrket?

Stuart[/QUOTE]

Stuart

My suggestion is too try a couple if you can. It really is up too you what want from a rebreather. Good start is probably the KISS. Inexpensive compared to some. Easy to operate. Easy to maintain by some other rebreather standards.

Things to think about;
    Do you want rear or front mounted counter lungs?
    Will the unit be dived deeper than 50mtrs?
    Type of scrubber choice? - How much time?
    Manual or Fully electronic control
    A dive computer connected to the unit to calculate deco
    Some units offer heads up display

Just remember they all can kill you in number of different ways.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4