+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advice-opinion

RBW Member robbo is an unknown quantity at this point robbo's Avatar

Advice-opinion

Hi there,
    Me and a few of our diveteam are planning to buy next year a rebreather.
    We are looking whats fore sale.
    We dive mostly in the cold waters in holland and the northsee.
    Not deep dives +- 110 ft .but in the future we want to do deep wreckdives in Croatia and england.
    we have looked at the inspiration an the revo.
    I hope you can give some opinion of these rebreathers or sugest others.

Greetings Rob

Stéphane Acounis Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane's Avatar
    rEvo3 rMS

rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

Re: Advice-opinion

Hello Rob,

Every rEvo diver will tell you that his machine is the best (and it is :D ) and every Inspo diver will advocate his machine.
    Paul is from Brugges, not far away from Holland and speaks dutch. ;)
    Maybe a test drive on both units will help you. I guess that Pim's Tek Diving can help you.

RBW Member aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson's Avatar
    Boris, Sentinel

Dolphin

[quote=robbo;141984]Hi there,
    Me and a few of our diveteam are planning to buy next year a rebreather. We are looking whats fore sale.
    We dive mostly in the cold waters in holland and the northsee. Not deep dives +- 110 ft .but in the future we want to do deep wreckdives in Croatia and england.
    we have looked at the inspiration an the revo.
    I hope you can give some opinion of these rebreathers or sugest others.

Rob,
    Read through the post's and make up a personal impression. Be prepared, there is no cheap unit on the market. Then try different units and find what you like. Look into how much design concept and attention was spend in regard to user safety. And this is what you want to use.:D

Regards, Andreas

RBW Member DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee's Avatar

Rebreathers are much like women in many respects, including the total costs and effort required to acquire and maintain one...versus their attributes and the benefits they provide. Both are complex entities which, under certain circumstances, can be downright dangerous. In both cases, we each begin looking for the 'perfect' combination of attributes and benefits. What we usually settle for is a strong function of how much money we can afford, and how much we're willing to compromise on attributes and benefits...

My counsel in both cases is:
    * Study the candidates thoroughly, using all available resources
    * Seek advice from experienced and reliable friends and colleagues
    * Take every opportunity to 'try out' as many as conditions permit
    * Screen carefully for the attributes and characteristics that best fit your
    personal needs and desires, and provide the greatest 'safety' for the future
    * Take great care, especially during the early months / years of gaining experience,
    until you're sure that you've learned to 'do it right'.
    * If necessary, seek professional help.
    * Make the best of what you settled for.

Remember that its your choice and responsibility.....and you're the one who has to live with the results.

Good luck in these challenging Quests :)

Dan
    Last edited by DanDunfee; 9th October 2007 at 14:52.

+ Reply to Thread