Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Classic KISS # 121 for sale with lots of extras

RBW Member rusty has a spectacular aura about rusty has a spectacular aura about rusty has a spectacular aura about rusty has a spectacular aura about rusty has a spectacular aura about rusty's Avatar

Classic KISS # 121 for sale with lots of extras

Hi Guys, I am selling my freinds Classic KISS, it is # 121 and is 1 yr old, has been very well taken care of and has lots of exras it has a clear scrubber canister in addition to the stock grey one. It has g snaps on all the tanks for easy removal/installation, quick connect low pressure line on the DSV for ease of cleaning, carrying strap, Suunto Diluent SPG BAR (over the shoulder), custom hose stainless hose weights for the loop, Apeks TX 50 first stages, and a hardmounted KISS vavle(we found this superior to the over the shoulder configuration as it is on the counterlung case and always easy to access) you can remove it if you want and it includes stainless and vinyl swagelock oxygen clean lines. The unit is in excellent condition, let me know if you have any other ?'s, thanks. He works on a research vessel and is out to sea so much he is not diving much anymore. We bought our clasics at the same time and have upgraded them the same. Any ?'s let me know, he's looking to get $4250 with tanks (13cf with Halcyon valves). If you want to pick it up here in Monterey California we can make arrangements.

Luke I am your father Deepdiver is an unknown quantity at this point Deepdiver's Avatar

Re: Classic KISS # 121 for sale with lots of extras

:D Rusty,

Is this unit still for sale, if so will to crate and post to the UK?

Nick

RBW Member whaam68 is an unknown quantity at this point whaam68's Avatar

Hi Deepdiver
    sorry I bought it & it's now in the UK
    Mike

RBW Member Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan's Avatar

Interested to see the rigid mounting for the KISS valve? Anyone got any pictures of this configuration?

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Padowan
    Interested to see the rigid mounting for the KISS valve? Anyone got any pictures of this configuration?
    They strap the injector to the right side of the case

- which means the diver could only access it with his right hand

- which means he can't scooter and inject at the same time

- which means he can't do anything with his hand and inject at the same time

- which means his buddy can't get access to it easily in case of emergency, especially with the wing fully inflated and wrap around the case covering the injector.

... but just IMHO... ;)

RBW Member Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie

- which means his buddy can't get access to it easily in case of emergency, especially with the wing fully inflated and wrap around the case covering the injector.

... but just IMHO... ;)
    Good points, well presented.

Closed Account onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime's Avatar

... but just IMHO... ;)
    Well, there are some of us who strap it to the left side of the case ('course my tanks aren't inverted any more), don't scooter regularly (but could with it on the left), and since it only takes a second or two to adjust O2 levels offers no more complication than venting some gas from your BC or checking your gauges. As far as the buddy and wing wrap thing, buddy (if there is one) will always know where it is and since mine is mounted down at the bottom of my frame, an inflated wing doesn't hinder it in the least. just MHO too. :)

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by onetime
    ...strap it to the left side of the case...
    Fair enough.

However, 99% of my dives involving 2 stages. So with the injector strapped to the left side underneath the stages, it is actually even more difficult to get to in a hurry than the right side. Especially for a buddy...

Anyway, what works, works!

Personally, I just do not find strapping the injector to the case necessary since mine doesn't hang/loop like most. It is shorten and sits on my right D-ring just like the wing inflator sits on my left D-ring.

BTW, if the air accummulates at the top of your wing, need to work on the trim... :D

Closed Account onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime's Avatar

Fair enough.

However, 99% of my dives involving 2 stages. So with the injector strapped to the left side underneath the stages, it is actually even more difficult to get to in a hurry than the right side. Especially for a buddy...

Anyway, what works, works!

Personally, I just do not find strapping the injector to the case necessary since mine doesn't hang/loop like most. It is shorten and sits on my right D-ring just like the wing inflator sits on my left D-ring.

BTW, if the air accummulates at the top of your wing, need to work on the trim... :D
    Not using stages at this point with mine but good point for the future. Still playing with how I rig it so I'm fairly sure it will end up in some other location eventually.

As far as air accumulating at the top of the wing, it doesn't but u-shaped wings make it very difficult for air to accumulate at the bottom. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by onetime
    As far as air accumulating at the top of the wing, it doesn't but u-shaped wings make it very difficult for air to accumulate at the bottom. ;)
    It might be interesting for you to know that during normal diving, I dump by the dump valve at the bottom of the wing instead by the inflator.

What did you say again about air doesn't get accumulate at the bottom ? :D

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast