+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Drager Shell

New Member ERIK A is an unknown quantity at this point ERIK A's Avatar

Drager Shell

Hey all,
    Time for my next project! I am trying to find blueprints for a shell to put on my Drager. I have been sidemounting bottles for awhile now and am not 100 percent happy with the setup. I was looking to build something along the lines of the Hydrogom shell that tecme sells. I was wondering if someone may have blueprints for a drager shell that they would be willing to share with me. Thanks.

Erik

Monty Guest montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg's Avatar
    APOCALYPSE #032

Ray, Dolphin, PVR-BASC, IDA-71

Re: Drager Shell

Since my friendly local foundry became unfriendly and now refuses to make more one-off sand castings for me, I have been contemplating a Dolphin shell made from sheet metal (ali or stainless) as an alternate.

The demand for cast shells just doesn't justify making an expensive mould, which is what the foundry wants me to do now.

I have a friend who is an engineer working on something, but it's a favour and it's not going to be done any time soon...

rgds
    monty

Mark Hilley firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver's Avatar
    Kiss Sport

Dolphin, Ray, Homebuild

Erik, I'm thinking about doing the same thing. I've got the tools and the ability ( dumb enough to try it ) to build my own shell. I was thinking about doing it out of aluminum and coating it with spray in bed liner material. I haven't decided if I want to make a replacement shell that will fit the dolphin harness, or if I may try to make a complete backplate and shell assy that wil fit right on the back of my b/c. The drager harness is awfully uncomfortable. I'll check back for your thoughts on this. Anyone else got any good ideas?:D

Well,
    I believe setting it up for a backplate is the way to go. That is currently how I have mine set up. I like backplates and def dont care for the original harness. Thats personal opinion though.

Alum is what I would prefer to make it out of, I think I am going to be using steel as its whats available at this time. We will see.

I am also interested to see other options out there. My shell is good and its set up with a TMISHOP Conversion Kit. Just looking at a little more work :)

Erik

New Member pirateeye is an unknown quantity at this point pirateeye's Avatar

I too am looking to build a shell for the dolphin components. I have a back plate adapted to mine and that works very well with the exception of needing an additional few inches of loop to be truely comfortable. ( but I have a solution in the works for that issue ).

I was thinking stainless originally but am now leaning towards 1/4 " aluminum diamond plate with a spray rhino liner covering. local scrap yard has it the AL and it is CHEAP. I am thinking along the lines of the TR300 case with an acces panel in the rear so recharging the scrubber is a 2 minute job rather than a complete pain in the backside. Has anyone though about this line of attack or see any potential snags with it.

Myron....

RBW Member venturi is an unknown quantity at this point venturi's Avatar
    Submatix SMS

atlantis rgu-fm Ray

good idea to have a back door in the dolphin shell. I was thinking of using perforated AL, easy to bend and to screw if soldering not avalaible..

I thought of perforated as it is easy to work with also but was more exspensive and also was concerned with the increase in drag....

RBW Member captain767 is an unknown quantity at this point captain767's Avatar

Hi Erik !

I rebuild my Draeger - Dolphin and I am quiet happy with the new setup. It exists f a 8 Liter Bottle, a combined breathing-valve where You can switch immediatly to open system with no bailot bttle at all. As soon as I have time, I will show my equpment here with all the details.

Rainer

Quote Originally Posted by captain767  View Original Post
    Hi Erik !

I rebuild my Draeger - Dolphin and I am quiet happy with the new setup. It exists f a 8 Liter Bottle, a combined breathing-valve where You can switch immediatly to open system with no bailot bttle at all. As soon as I have time, I will show my equpment here with all the details.

Rainer
    Very cool cant wait to see it.

Erik

Anxiously awaiting pics. I will get started on my project as soon as winter hits. Probably in late december if that soon :D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast