+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cave diving in SW France

Megalegalegalegadingdong! nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield's Avatar

cave diving in SW France

I know that there is some great cave diving in the Lot in france, but I'm in the process of building a house in the Aude near the spanish border. I know that there is some caves at Salses, but is there anwhere else that people know of in the area? I'm qualified but inexperienced and was wondering if the area has any good possibilities. Is it the case that most has not been discovered and therefore not dived, or just that there aren't many caves there?

RBW Member wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey's Avatar

Re: cave diving in SW France

Are you joking? France as more than 1200 sumps and resurgences..
    follow this link and look under "sites".

Plongee-souterraine - Page d'accueil

hell is in the details Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T's Avatar
    JOKI/rEVO/HOME MADE

EDO04 Ray

Quote Originally Posted by nmanfield  View Original Post
    I know that there is some great cave diving in the Lot in france, but I'm in the process of building a house in the Aude near the spanish border. I know that there is some caves at Salses, but is there anwhere else that people know of in the area? I'm qualified but inexperienced and was wondering if the area has any good possibilities. Is it the case that most has not been discovered and therefore not dived, or just that there aren't many caves there?

Have a look at this website Plongee-souterraine - Page d'accueil its THE french website about cave diving
    go to "sites de plongée" youll see a map then click on the departements

In Aude ( dept 11 )there is only small sumps and springs but wonderfull dry caves.
    Close to Aude you have dept Pyrénées Orientales ( dept 66 ) with the bautifull spring Font Estramar
    and dept Herault ( dept 34 )where you can find beautiful springs too

not so new anymore jean-marc is a jewel in the rough jean-marc is a jewel in the rough jean-marc is a jewel in the rough jean-marc is a jewel in the rough jean-marc is a jewel in the rough jean-marc is a jewel in the rough jean-marc is a jewel in the rough jean-marc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nmanfield  View Original Post
    Is it the case that most has not been discovered and therefore not dived, or just that there aren't many caves there?
    There are a lot of caves in this area (plongee souterraine - Sites de plongée)
    But I'm not sure that it still remains many virgin ones, it's pretty rare nowaday, but who knows ... good luck.

jean-marc

+ Reply to Thread