Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Training agencies equivalence charts

ANDI IT #47 andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk's Avatar
    Hammerhead, Optima and Nautilu

Hammerhead, Inspiration, Kiss

Training agencies equivalence charts

Would anybody have any charts OC and RB that would have the different agencies training levels and how they would compare to the other agencies. I am mostly concerned with how TDI, IANTD, ANDI and PADI would compare. Always a hassle trying to figure out where a student would fit in when coming from another agency. Thanks.

andibk

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Re: Training agencies equivalence charts

Quote Originally Posted by andibk  View Original Post
    I am mostly concerned with how TDI, IANTD, ANDI and PADI would compare.
    PADI? This is rebreather world.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Prince of darkness Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits's Avatar
    Megalodon

before
    Would anybody have any charts OC and RB that would have the different agencies training levels and how they would compare to the other agencies. I am mostly concerned with how TDI, IANTD, ANDI and PADI would compare. Always a hassle trying to figure out where a student would fit in when coming from another agency. Thanks.

andibk
    About 4 years ago there was an article in Immerse Magazine (about a year before the mag went under) that did just that. The article compare all technical training between agency. (TDI,IANTD,GUE,ANDI etc). Anyway I don't know if I still have it. You never know, someone may have a copy and he's willing to part with it.

Cheers

Al

1 Grumpy ole skipper Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle's Avatar
    Classic KISS, Sentinel

SCR - CCR Dolphin

andibk
    check the thread below, I started ago. Some good info in it & will provide some answers but you need to be aware that the agencies change their standards often & without any notice to the general public.

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=7662

Maybe the MOds can /would set up a STICKY table & have the various agencies post to it when they change their minds again.

Unbanned cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc  View Original Post
    PADI? This is rebreather world.
    I have my Dolphin cert from PADI and the DSAT Tec or Trimix certs could be used as prerequestes for other CCR certs.

Phil Siswick, Tango PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

APD Inspiration, Evolution

andibk
    BSAC have mapped most of the agencies to/from their rebreather courses Recognised Rebreather Training Agencies & Courses. - BSAC.

This might help you to work out some kind of equivalence.

Cheers,

RBW Member Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhilSiswick  View Original Post
    BSAC have mapped most of the agencies to/from their rebreather courses Recognised Rebreather Training Agencies & Courses. - BSAC.

This might help you to work out some kind of equivalence.

Cheers,
    Have a blob :D .
    The anally retentive , power tripping , company at my location insist on Sports Diver and Dive Leader Training on top of what I have already trained and practised. Serve the process, ***k the purpose.

Cheers
    GB
    ANDI Level 5 Explorer
    IANTD CCR Cave Diver (in progress)

Phil Siswick, Tango PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

APD Inspiration, Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles  View Original Post
    Have a blob :D .
    The anally retentive , power tripping , company at my location insist on Sports Diver and Dive Leader Training on top of what I have already trained and practised. Serve the process, ***k the purpose.

Cheers
    GB
    ANDI Level 5 Explorer
    IANTD CCR Cave Diver (in progress)
    Hi Gilles,

I'm glad it's useful. There are similar statements for OW and OC Technical Training in the same area of the website. The problem with BSAC is that these are only guidelines, so technically a school can choose to make you jump through the hoops.

You can get clarification from the relevant BSAC folks by email though that you could show to the school - contacts are on the website.

Good luck!

Cheers,

RBW Member Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles's Avatar

The problem is not with BSAC, but the required tolerance of st*****ty I need to have.

One DO, rather than have me, feels it is safer to perform Inspo Tmx dives buddied with OC divers who have their Dive Leader cert. , regardless of the amount of dives , and amount of RB rescue practise.

Fortuneately, I have a way of getting around incompetent club leadership .

ANDI IT #47 andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk's Avatar
    Hammerhead, Optima and Nautilu

Hammerhead, Inspiration, Kiss

Can anybody telll me what levels of rebreather courses that IANTD, Could you please give specific info such as name of course, depth limites and such. Greatly appreciate it. Trying to finish of a equivlancy chart for the shop to follow.

andibk

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast