+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 220 caves maps in NorthEast Veneto Region - Italy

New Member GiBi is an unknown quantity at this point GiBi's Avatar

Lightbulb 220 caves maps in NorthEast Veneto Region - Italy

With the "OpenSource" idea in mind I've tried to post the most complete collection yet of caves maps in North East Italy. Not all are water caves but I think is still quiet impressive:

http://gallery.mac.com/giovanniberta...or=black&sel=8

Please take a specific look to the following maps:

Oliero Caves (-90 meters and about 3km penetration yet)
    Fontanazzi (Explored down to -130)
    Elefante Bianco (Explored down to -166m)
    Gorgazzo (Explored down to -131)

If you are interested just drop me a line

Cheers

RBW Member wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey's Avatar

Re: 220 caves maps in NorthEast Veneto Region - Italy

Hello Gibi,

Did you got the authorisation from all the authors of those maps to publish them ? I see that some come from website of the ggmodon Oliero: Le grotte di Oliero

and other from the Assonet site
    Assonet- Speleologia Subacquea - indice

and so on...
    As you know the diving in the Gorgazzo is strictly forbidden and even Police or other official corps are not really welcome when they ask for training dives. Why not to mention it ?

Deep Cave Explorer DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GiBi  View Original Post
    Elefante Bianco (Explored down to -166m)

I thought it was 186m ?

Yes sorry info about the linked maps were already under the "info button"

I've put on my page these maps on the idea of sharing the work of having a general idea of the Veneto area but I had to specify this better:

Oliero cave Maps
    Are publicly available on the following website as you can see if you click the info button on the archive website. Please refer to GGG Modon website also for high Res versions exploration and background info:

http://www.gggmodon.it

Fontanazzi Cave map
    Is publicly available on the following polish website:

Immerse.pl » Relacja z nurkowañ jaskiniowych - W³ochy - CZERWIEC 2006 - X Divers Team

http://www.immerse.pl/upload/JakubD/...fontanazzi.jpg

Forame, Gorgazzo and Elefante Bianco
    Are publicly available on the following website with exploration and background info:

Assonet- Speleologia Subacquea - indice

The remaining low-res maps have been distributed by a public financed EU project and by EU rules any document of financed projects of this kind is then public domain and must be publicly available. I will post author info as soon I will be able to get them. I tell you is not simple...

Gorgazzo
    They have just authorized a new exploration by Luigi Casati So by law and reason any qualified explorer with a serious project can obtain a similar authorization. Like for the Elefante Bianco, that is open again for this reason, there is a strong discussion about the possibility of closing such a site that is under the national jurisdiction and not under the local jurisdiction.

Yes DRjm Elefante Bianco has been indeed explored down to -186m and a deeper exploration was aborted by Luigi Casati in April due to low visibility. :o

Last and not least. As this is a personal archive I do not know if I will keep on-line for long.

Cheers

Giovanni :)
    Last edited by GiBi; 25th September 2007 at 13:31.

Sorry as before announced for web-space problems I had to close the page. 220 maps were very heavy...

ZeroEmissions Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad's Avatar
    Sentinel/Boris/Evo/Liberty

HomeBuild, AP Classic, Path

Quote Originally Posted by GiBi  View Original Post
    Sorry as before announced for web-space problems I had to close the page. 220 maps were very heavy...

??????

I will put them back online ASAP

Actually I am using a automatic system from Apple so will be a matter of minutes.

Giovanni

+ Reply to Thread