+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Azimuth or FTG

RBW Member denka is an unknown quantity at this point denka's Avatar

Azimuth or FTG

Hello Guys,

I'm comparing the FTG with the Azimuth. With the Azimuth you can adjust the flow to the nitrox that you have. The FTG dos not have this feature it only has 32, 40 and 60 % nitrox orfice. My diving is for 90% in the 3 to 25 meter range. Would the azi be the better for my diving or will the FTG fit do the same. And for the last question witch one is more quiet??

I think the FTG because it's an military machine, But i dont know

Dennis

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Re: Azimuth or FTG

Quote Originally Posted by denka  View Original Post
    I think the FTG because it's an military machine, But i dont know
    The Azimuth is the civilian version of the O.M.G. RDN2000O.M.G. RDN2000.

Hello Stevan,

Whats the difference between the two Azi machines military and commercial ??

greetings Dennis

Banned MB is an unknown quantity at this point MB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by denka  View Original Post
    Hello Stevan,

Whats the difference between the two Azi machines military and commercial ??

greetings Dennis

A few people actually *bought* the civil version...
    *Nobody* every bought the military one... .

Seriously, there's no difference.

Dave

Hello Dave,

Is that positive, because i can't find any dive experince from the azi on the net. Whats your experience??

Groeten Dennis

RBW Member Woz has a spectacular aura about Woz has a spectacular aura about Woz has a spectacular aura about Woz has a spectacular aura about Woz has a spectacular aura about Woz has a spectacular aura about Woz's Avatar

It weighs a bloody tonne and the OPV keeps mooing at you. Nice scrubber, poor finish on the plastic shell, great DSV, weird 1st stage connections.

Custom Title Allowed! Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef's Avatar

Try contacting Neale [Decoking], if you can't find him on here, try Yorkshire Divers. He had Mark Daley's old unit, so have a look for MAD on both sites too.

You can still mix and match gasses and flow rates on most SCR's, the sticky threads on this forum tell you how to go about it, and are based on the Dolphin. The principes and formulae can be used for any CMF SCR.

RBW Member pockets is an unknown quantity at this point pockets's Avatar
    Hammerhead Inspo

Dolphin, Ray, DC55, azimuth

Hi all,
    well, I've not had my Azi very long but I am really quite pleased with it.
    yes it is heavy and it is the only thing that makes a YBOD look compact. But every breather I ever came across was heavy when ready to dive with. All those extra lumps of lead for trim and cylinders for suit inflation or bailout push up the pounds and the complication. I bought the Azi when I had a friends dolphin sitting in the garage doing nothing, simply because once you have stuck on all the extra gear necessary for cold, mid depth diving in the UK, the Dolphin becomes a heavy,bulky, nightmare of hoses. the Azi by comparison, is well set out and streight forward to dive in these conditions without having to mess with anything.
    good points: it's very robust. it will be easy to maintain and it's comparatively cheap at the moment in europe at least.
    bad points: only one really and thats the WOB, which is not great but neither is it all that bad and like my 30Yr old Cyclon reg, I only notice the effort when I think about it.the rest of the time, I'm having too much fun to notice. Back mounted lungs do make for more work, but I like having a clear chest area, so I'm happy with the compromise.
    cheers
    pockets

RBW Member jorgey is on a distinguished road jorgey is on a distinguished road jorgey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pockets  View Original Post
    Hi all,
    ...bad points: only one really and thats the WOB, which is not great but neither...
    I read in a german forum a test of the unit and the diver told that he noticed it but he could set the overflow valve to a lower presion to avoid this.- it was one of the first modells, and he says, it's not necesary to do in the new ones but he taked the pressure from 14mbar to 8-10mbar and says that made the difference.-

ciao

jorgeY

Quote Originally Posted by jorgey  View Original Post
    I read in a german forum a test of the unit and the diver told that he noticed it but he could set the overflow valve to a lower presion to avoid this.- it was one of the first modells, and he says, it's not necesary to do in the new ones but he taked the pressure from 14mbar to 8-10mbar and says that made the difference.-

ciao

jorgeY
    Hi Jorge,

This is the adress

Taucher.Net Onlinemagazin - Der Azimuth-Rebreather

What kind off dives do you do with the Azimuth?? Depth Temp range etc

Dennis

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast