+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quick releases

RBW Member JohnDuncan is an unknown quantity at this point JohnDuncan's Avatar

Quick releases

what QRs for cylinders does everyone reccomend for ease of asttchment to a Classic? at the moment I have the original "jubilee" clips or worm-drive bands(?) Is that what they are known as in the US? I like the tiger gear, but if they do not fit easily it will be an expensive mistake to buy them.

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar
    I have used these on the CK unit:
    • normal tank cam straps
    • Jubilee clips (or hose clamps)
    • G-snap
    The G-snaps are strong, cheaper than similar devices but rattle a bit when walking on surface.

At the end, I just use normal cam straps as they are quick to get on/off and stable.

Custom Title Allowed! Jamie B is on a distinguished road Jamie B is on a distinguished road Jamie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie
    The G-snaps are strong, cheaper than similar devices but rattle a bit when walking on surface.
    Careful Phi, they crucified the last guy to do that!

I use G-Snaps as well, very happy with them. Agree they rattle a little, but nothing to write home about. I drilled a couple of holes in the ally case so I could fit them exactly where I wanted, and fettled the bolts down so they would not be able to rub on the counterlungs inside the case.

I bought a couple of spare male sections too, to attach to my second set of cyls.

Jamie

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie B
    Careful Phi, they crucified the last guy to do that!
    Who was that ?

...fettled the bolts down so they would not be able to rub on the counterlungs inside the case...
    A trick that I used in the past for similar applications is to put a fat layer of "Goop" (or similar) over the bolt/nut/etc. When it is dried, you have nice blob of soft surface with no sharp edges. Plus it will keep the bolt/nut/etc from turning.

RBW Member Chris Gregory is an unknown quantity at this point Chris Gregory's Avatar
    I have used these on the CK unit:
    • normal tank cam straps
    • Jubilee clips (or hose clamps)
    • G-snap

At the end, I just use normal cam straps as they are quick to get on/off and stable.

I agree with Phi after trying many diffferent options cam bands make life a lot easier and for travel you can use a wider range of bottles.

Custom Title Allowed! Jamie B is on a distinguished road Jamie B is on a distinguished road Jamie B's Avatar
    Who was that ?
    Jesus.

New Member WBA is an unknown quantity at this point WBA's Avatar
    He used G-Snaps too?
    Jesus.

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDuncan
    what QRs for cylinders does everyone reccomend for ease of asttchment to a Classic?
    None! I've tried a few attachement methods and came back to the good old cam band.
    I found out that if you use smaller diameter tanks (alloy 13cft or 14cft or steel 2 L or long 3L) then the best fit is the cam band used to attached off-board tanks on Inspiration (APD part#RB10/13 or RB10/16, I forgot which one): the cam is smaller and fits best the diameter of the bottle. If using larger diameter tanks (dumpy 3 L or 4 L or 5L) then a standard cam band fits best.
    My 2 cents
    Best
    Philippe

Quote Originally Posted by WBA
    He used G-Snaps too?
    It was the walking on the surface bit I was referring to. But hey, who knows, maybe he did.

It was the walking on the surface bit I was referring to.
    ...of land, not water...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast