+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IDA-64 vs IDA-71

Scuba Nerd voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Ray, RG-UF/M , FGT I/D

IDA-64 vs IDA-71

On ebay there is a regular offer of IDA-71 rebreathers. And sometimes an IDA-64 pops up.
    If you could choose, which one would it be. From reading up on several websites, the IDA-64 appears to be more fool proof.
    I have no interested (yet) into converting anything, just want to start diving it in shallow waters as pure oxygen rebreather.
    But maybe in the future I would opt to convert it to a kiss style MCCR.

Any suggestions?

New Member DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge's Avatar
    Hammered Inspiration

GEM, DC55, AKA60

Re: IDA-64 vs IDA-71

Quote Originally Posted by voets  View Original Post
    On ebay there is a regular offer of IDA-71 rebreathers. And sometimes an IDA-64 pops up.
    If you could choose, which one would it be. From reading up on several websites, the IDA-64 appears to be more fool proof.
    I have no interested (yet) into converting anything, just want to start diving it in shallow waters as pure oxygen rebreather.
    But maybe in the future I would opt to convert it to a kiss style MCCR.

Any suggestions?
    More room in a 71. Easier for a conversion

Banned MB is an unknown quantity at this point MB's Avatar

IDA-71. Longer chassis is far more comfortable to strap on... IDA-64 too short to sit down when the divers sits.

Dave
    Last edited by MB; 7th September 2007 at 00:20.

RBW Member osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris's Avatar
    HH INSPO HYBRIB BASTARDISED MK

KISS/IDA64/72/60/Mk15/Cobra

There's a very simple technical answer to your question. Buy both!

RBW Member carcharodon1957 is an unknown quantity at this point carcharodon1957's Avatar
    oxygers-ida 71-submatix

rEvo3 hCCR

Hello,
    I prefer also IDA 71 because the internal volume is bigger , easier to modify!;)

brgds
    Bernard

Diving SIL Technology Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko's Avatar
    Next Generation Rebreather

IDA-71, Ray, LarV, Meg, C96

I have a freind who had a 64 and the hose connections to the case were smaller than the 71. He wanted to upgrade to Ray hoses but couldn't.

In my opinion this is a big deal. I have a 71 and couldn't stand the russian DSV. It was too heavy and required a custom adapter to use a mouthpiece since it was designed to be used with a full face mask.

--SB

+ Reply to Thread