+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Deep Pursuit Announcement

Brent - Narked at 90
    divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit or a Camelion

and 11 others inc. a UT-240

Re: Deep Pursuit Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by rob.laurie  View Original Post
    Hey Brent/John,
    I see you now have the Deep Pursuit listed on the Narked @ 90 website, does this mean you have units ready for delivery ?

Is the cell checker still available as an option for this unit ?

And last but not least, any chance I can get a seperate Shearwater 7 pin Fischer cable output (Beanie type) to hook up to my existing Pursuit ?

Thanks in advance, Rob
    Rob,

1. Nearly. Are we tired of waiting yet? We are too but something so important must be done right. The design evolved greatly from the initial development unit that was shown some time ago. We've learned a lot of lessons since then and spared no expense in ensuring all those improvements are included in our production models. Improvements include, new armour for our cables, oxygen solenoid, 24k gold plating of all conductive components after assembly and huge software changes.

2. Absolutely. Safety is of primary importance, we will be impressing upon DP users of its benefits to promote its use.

3. They will be back in stock soon I believe. CABLES

Production Altus Pursuit below. Every one will be tested before they go to users.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by divetheworld; 5th April 2008 at 09:36.
    Copying skips understanding. Understanding is how you grow. You have to understand why something works or why something is how it is. When you copy it, you miss that. WWW.NARKEDAT90.COM
    www.puwer.co.uk PUWER and Machinery CE Marking www.ce-eu.com

MK15.x Aficionado rob.laurie will become famous soon enough rob.laurie will become famous soon enough rob.laurie will become famous soon enough rob.laurie's Avatar
    MK15.5, MK15

Inspo classics, KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by divetheworld  View Original Post
    Rob,

1. Nearly. Are we tired of waiting yet? We are too but something so important must be done right. The design evolved greatly from the initial development unit that was shown some time ago. We've learned a lot of lessons since then and spared no expense in ensuring all those improvements are included in our production models. Improvements include, new armour for our cables, oxygen solenoid, 24k gold plating of all conductive components after assembly and huge software changes.

2. Absolutely. Safety is of primary importance, we will be impressing upon DP users of its benefits to promote its use.

3. They will be back in stock soon I believe. CABLES

Production Altus Pursuit below. Every one will be tested before they go to users.
    Glad to hear of the improvements you guys are making prior to release, sounds good. The cell checker should almost be part of the package.

I guess I didn't word the question corectly but with regards to the adaptor & cable, what I wanted to know was if it would be possible to have my Shearwater Pursuit plugged in to the Deep Pursuit via a Beanie type adaptor with cable ? Make more sense ?

What will be the depth limitation of the Deep vs the Altus ? Any other major differences ?

Thanks, Rob

Brent - Narked at 90
    divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rob.laurie  View Original Post
    Glad to hear of the improvements you guys are making prior to release, sounds good. The cell checker should almost be part of the package.

I guess I didn't word the question corectly but with regards to the adaptor & cable, what I wanted to know was if it would be possible to have my Shearwater Pursuit plugged in to the Deep Pursuit via a Beanie type adaptor with cable ? Make more sense ?

What will be the depth limitation of the Deep vs the Altus ? Any other major differences ?

Thanks, Rob
    Rob,

The deep Pursuit was designed with a second handset in mind. It has a beanie holder built in as part of that design. All we need to do is fit another of our glands to the head with a cable and the same SMB splitters we use on the 3 cell monitor package we have just released. The testing we did on the 3 cell monitor package was actually for the Altus Pursuit.
    The Deep Pursuit is limited to 185m because of the handset front lens only. At that pressure the front bends in to touch the LCD. The Altus units will have mineral glass on the front to extend that limit amongst other changes.

The adaptation of the mineral glass to the front is expensive. It also takes a lot of time and effort on our part to get the glass profile cut and treated. As such, we dont believe anyone would actually pay commercial rates for this modification. That is why we are not going to charge commercial rates, and also why not everyone will be able to buy one. Just because you can afford it, doesnt mean you will get it. To make it worth our while to put in the effort for little or no return, you have to prove you need it. I know this will be contentious for some, but thats the way it will be.

Brent.
    Copying skips understanding. Understanding is how you grow. You have to understand why something works or why something is how it is. When you copy it, you miss that. WWW.NARKEDAT90.COM

MK15.x Aficionado rob.laurie will become famous soon enough rob.laurie will become famous soon enough rob.laurie will become famous soon enough rob.laurie's Avatar
    MK15.5, MK15

Rob,

The deep Pursuit was designed with a second handset in mind. It has a beanie holder built in as part of that design. All we need to do is fit another of our glands to the head with a cable and the same SMB splitters we use on the 3 cell monitor package we have just released. The testing we did on the 3 cell monitor package was actually for the Altus Pursuit.
    The Deep Pursuit is limited to 185m because of the handset front lens only. At that pressure the front bends in to touch the LCD. The Altus units will have mineral glass on the front to extend that limit amongst other changes.

The adaptation of the mineral glass to the front is expensive. It also takes a lot of time and effort on our part to get the glass profile cut and treated. As such, we dont believe anyone would actually pay commercial rates for this modification. That is why we are not going to charge commercial rates, and also why not everyone will be able to buy one. Just because you can afford it, doesnt mean you will get it. To make it worth our while to put in the effort for little or no return, you have to prove you need it. I know this will be contentious for some, but thats the way it will be.

Brent.
    Appreciate the info & explanation, looks like the Deep Pursuit is the way to go. I have no need to go deeper than the 185m limit so no complaints here !

Thanks again, Rob

Brent - Narked at 90

To illustrate the removeable cell tube, see rendering below.
    Attached Images

RBW Member Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy's Avatar

Rob,

Brent.

I have no interest to go below 60m so out of pure curiosity...why the choice for minerall glass as opposed to a thicker and hence stiffer front?

Brent - Narked at 90

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchy  View Original Post
    I have no interest to go below 60m so out of pure curiosity...why the choice for minerall glass as opposed to a thicker and hence stiffer front?
    Well......

The depth limit of 185m is a big one. Few divers would even consider exceeding this depth and if you are one of them, would probably be looking for a monster depth capability.
    So, if we were to put in a new depth rated housing, we decided we might aswell do it properly and go the whole hog and make one that has a ridiculous limit. but thats just because we like to show off!!!

Brent

MK15.5, MK15

To illustrate the removeable cell tube, see rendering below.
    Still teasing & showing off I see ! Looks great.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6