+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Computer for Inspiration

Photo & Video Pro h2ophotopro is an unknown quantity at this point h2ophotopro's Avatar

Computer for Inspiration

I currently have a Cochran Commander and I really like it. However, I have really considered getting a VR3 or HS Explorer. I would love to hear about experiences with these computers on the Inspiration. Let me know if you just use the computer, or if you also have it hooked up with an O2 sensor.

Thank you

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by h2ophotopro
    I currently have a Cochran Commander and I really like it. However, I have really considered getting a VR3 or HS Explorer. I would love to hear about experiences with these computers on the Inspiration. Let me know if you just use the computer, or if you also have it hooked up with an O2 sensor.

Thank you
    I know a chap with an HS Explorer and he rates it highley. Much better than the intigrated VR3 he uses as back up so he said. I have the VR3 and I think it will be excelent once we get VPMB available but its a bit conservitive and dosent do nice Helium profiles. Apart from that its a fantastic computer with so many operation advantages the only problem is understanding how to use tem all.

I chose the VR3 for servicing and repair advantages of living within driving distance of the factory.

ATB

Mark Chase

Photo & Video Pro h2ophotopro is an unknown quantity at this point h2ophotopro's Avatar
    Yeah I hear the one negative to the VR3 is learning how to use it. The manual is poor, not many people out here know it well (shop owners, etc.) and obviously I am nowhere near the factory...but I am definitely considering it. I am really excited about the new color screen!!

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by h2ophotopro
    Yeah I hear the one negative to the VR3 is learning how to use it. The manual is poor, not many people out here know it well (shop owners, etc.) and obviously I am nowhere near the factory...but I am definitely considering it. I am really excited about the new color screen!!

Colour screen is good in low viz and not as good as the standard one in good viz. This was the conclusion of a friend after a weeks diving it in the red sea.

Forth cell link on the VR3 has caused my dive buddy and me a fair amount of grief with cable problems but when it works its great.

Finally, the problem with learning how to use the VR3 is not insurmountable but it helps a LOT if you have someone experienced with the unit to show you how. I had fully sussed OC Trimix but now I am again struggling with CCR especially with calibrating for the forth cell setting calibration gas etc. Its easy when you know how but no so easy if you are relying on the manual to show you.

PS New version of the manual is slightly better and its a free down load.

ATB

Mark Chase

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Mike, I agree with Mark, the current manual is considerably better than the old one, though not quite as detailed as the Explorer's.

The one thing I really like about the VR3 are the icons on bootom telling you what pressing the buttons will do. Having those prompts makes it easier to navigate, and most icons are easily identifiable and memorized.

Kevin said at DEMA that the VPM-B algorithm will be realeased this spring, so I would wait for that. The -B is for most practical purposes pretty close to the RGBM, judging by deco software comparison (ADM did one a while ago).

As for problems, both models had them, both manufacturers took care of them.

Thanks for all the help guys. Getting a new comp is definitely on the list this year. As for cell problems, thats kind of the last thing I would want. There is enough problems with the cells in the Inspiration as it is.

+ Reply to Thread