+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: Standard Bailout Mixes

Phil Siswick, Tango PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

APD Inspiration, Evolution

Re: Standard Bailout Mixes

Quote Originally Posted by jkaterenchuk  View Original Post
    I agree.

For me most of my diving as I build skills are in the local Quarry (max depth 120ft). I am over 60hrs on my unit and find myself often venturing past the 100ft mark as was normal when I dove OC. I find that due to the cold, depth and low visability I get perceptive narrowing below 100ft in these conditions. I did not notice it on OC but find it to be problematic on CCR. I cannot read all three PO2 reading quickly and clearly and this results in my anxiety level increasing greatly such that its not fun to do the dive. After much experimenting to rule out a vision problem I decided to try the same dive (no deco) with a normoxic mix with a low He %. Problem solved.

I have not yet completed a Deco procedure class or a Trimix classes. I have plans to do so but I feel much safer now diving past 100ft.

John
    That's interesting - I had similar symptoms on Mod 1 before I added the He on the later dives. It wasn't full on narcosis as I've been used to before, which was strong enough to feel you've either got it or not (I know you have it all the time, but I have a threshold where it really bothers me), but a much more insiduous effect. It left me feeling very nervous indeed. The He sorted it beautifully.

Cheers,

New Member burgerbozo is an unknown quantity at this point burgerbozo's Avatar

Re: Standard Bailout Mixes

did my mod 1 with air dill .and thats it , all my diving is with trimix dill
    i cant see the point of diving with air , on a ccr

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15