+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recomendations for Miami area diving

New Member markreese is an unknown quantity at this point markreese's Avatar

Recomendations for Miami area diving

I am taking my family to Hollywood Florida in the middle of September. I am a high newbie to my Dolphin have about 12 dives on it. My kids 22 and 19 both will be on open circuit but have good skills.

I understand Hollywood is not the greatest dive area, and I am willing to drive to get some dives that are really nice. Could I get some reccomendations of locations that are medium difficulty but offer a lot to see and enjoy.

In addition if you know some operators that are good, safe and will take you to unusual spots, without killing the pocketbook. I just want it to be fun for them and give me a chance to keep working on my skills.

Should I go toward the Keys or toward Pompono?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Mark

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

Re: Recomendations for Miami area diving

Pompano is close, and it has some nice diving. Be sure to check out the S.C.R.U.B. Forum for upcoming dives. Maybe you can join us while here.

Head Dishwasher
    Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey's Avatar
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

Quote Originally Posted by markreese  View Original Post
    I am taking my family to Hollywood Florida in the middle of September. I am a high newbie to my Dolphin have about 12 dives on it. My kids 22 and 19 both will be on open circuit but have good skills.

I understand Hollywood is not the greatest dive area, and I am willing to drive to get some dives that are really nice. Could I get some reccomendations of locations that are medium difficulty but offer a lot to see and enjoy.

In addition if you know some operators that are good, safe and will take you to unusual spots, without killing the pocketbook. I just want it to be fun for them and give me a chance to keep working on my skills.

Should I go toward the Keys or toward Pompono?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Mark

The issue with the Keys is you are going to have a hard time finding some one who will let you use the Dolphin...

does it have better diving than Pompano? Hmmmm maby... but Pompano is 20 minutes from hollywood.... and there is plenty to dive...

My recomendation is to call Oliver of Avid Dive Charters...954-854-7786

he runs a 6 pack out of Pompano.... and can deal with any skill level.... he personally dives a MEG... so he is RB friendly....

If you give us the dates we can arrange a SCRUB trip and you can dive with some people from the board...

New Member markreese is an unknown quantity at this point markreese's Avatar

Thank you I will look into both of those areas. You never really know what is the best till you are ready to head home.

Thank you
    for your help
    Mark

+ Reply to Thread