+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: RB Friendly liveaboards on the Barrier Reef - Split thread

Megman armed with DeepRed opimoby is on a distinguished road opimoby is on a distinguished road opimoby's Avatar
    Cave Megalodon ,Shearwater

Re: Strange but true

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza  View Original Post
    Tino .... the problem is better in the water but he still has major hassles trying to make the buttons work.

As I said the problem is going away slowly but it has me intrigued as to what is going on.

Once again thanks for your sensible help, I have passed this onto Martin for his views.

regards Baz
    Hi all
    I finally got a chance to dive my new Evo on the outer Barrier Reef this week. The problem with the controler buttons on the Vision hand set seems to have gone away. The Evo is a dream to dive and I will be putting it through some wild country soon as I am going out to dive the 3,000 foot verticle walls at Osprey Reef in the Coral Sea. If anyone is interested Undersea Explorer out of Port Douglas runs regular trips to Osprey and are rebreather friendly. They go to some extraordinary locations.
    cheers
    Ross

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by opimoby  View Original Post
    If anyone is interested Undersea Explorer out of Port Douglas runs regular trips to Osprey and are rebreather friendly. They go to some extraordinary locations.
    cheers
    Ross
    Hi Ross,

Sounds like fun!!

I'll be back tomorrow and will call you when I get a chance.

Regards,

Lance

DeepBlueInnovation Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath's Avatar
    Ouroboros

Prism

Quote Originally Posted by opimoby  View Original Post
    Hi all
    I finally got a chance to dive my new Evo on the outer Barrier Reef this week. The problem with the controler buttons on the Vision hand set seems to have gone away. The Evo is a dream to dive and I will be putting it through some wild country soon as I am going out to dive the 3,000 foot verticle walls at Osprey Reef in the Coral Sea. If anyone is interested Undersea Explorer out of Port Douglas runs regular trips to Osprey and are rebreather friendly. They go to some extraordinary locations.
    cheers
    Ross
    How do you go with the rebreather regulations in Qld? I thought you needed an instructor acompanying unless you were tx certified? A friend of mine is an ex OC instructor from Qld and was looking to put together a rebreather dive trip next year for the minke migration but couldn't work the logistics.

Morgan's Mum bendomatic is just really nice bendomatic is just really nice bendomatic is just really nice bendomatic is just really nice bendomatic is just really nice bendomatic is just really nice bendomatic is just really nice bendomatic is just really nice bendomatic is just really nice bendomatic's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sport Kiss

maybe they go far enough out to sea?

RBW Member sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave's Avatar
    Sports Kiss

Re: RB Friendly liveaboards on the Barrier Reef - Split thread

I wouldn't have thought that made a difference Rach? the boat leaves from QLD, and returns to QLD, so I would have assumed it was still covered by QLD regulations?

FWIW, the QLD regulations state that on a commercial boat, you have to have a rebreather supervisor who is both qualified to be a supervisor in QLD (current insured DM and above, with ASxxxx medical and o2 provision), and certified to dive a rebreather. The rebreather supervisor is allowed to dive.

You also need a non-diving dive supervisor who is a qualified supervisor, and also a certified nitrox diver.

Unless the diver is diving trimix (and is qualified to do so) in their CCR, in which case almost anything goes.

Denz was trying to organise a RB trip on Nimrod, but so far it hasn't happened. They were open to the idea, as long as we provided the supervisors.

Anyone have any other experience with boats in FNQ, I'm sure most are a no-go, but its encouraging to hear that Undersea will take them.

I know Harasment has dived off Taka with his Sports Kiss, but he was "sponsored" for that trip, so they may have bent the rules a bit, I'm not sure how he got around that.
    Last edited by sadave; 31st August 2007 at 14:59. Reason: Wrong info, corrected.

DeepBlueInnovation Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath's Avatar
    Ouroboros

Prism

Thanks for the split thread; it was the trip Denz was organising I was referring to. I am going through my trimix at the moment so it isn't so much an issue for me directly, however the proposed all rebreather trip would be great if it were possible.

RBW Member sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave's Avatar
    Sports Kiss

The problem with the trimix, it was easy enough from ES, but up there, you'd have to bring your own, and make sure you had some (1% is common!) :p in your dil every dive... another cylinder that you'd have to bring along, as well as your o2...

Not that big a hassle really, but still a hassle.

Morgan's Mum bendomatic is just really nice bendomatic is just really nice bendomatic is just really nice bendomatic is just really nice bendomatic is just really nice bendomatic is just really nice bendomatic is just really nice bendomatic is just really nice bendomatic is just really nice bendomatic's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sport Kiss

i was just thinking in comparison to qld dive shop taking RB courses/divers to NSW and OS. the regs i thought didn't apply (that's why they go there!). now my geography could be a bit sketchy wrt Osprey, but how far is it? is it outside state boundaries? it would be nice if that's the case and the company is willing to accomodate RB divers. obviously any dives within state boundaries rules apply.

EDIT: my research shows that its part of the Coral Sea Islands Territories administered by Canberra

i keep looking at getting my DM/insurance/O2/medical all renewed as well just for these sorts of occasions. it would help expand the diving opportunities again but......

rachel
    Last edited by bendomatic; 27th August 2007 at 09:14.

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Hey Guys,

Hopefully within the next 6 months or so I should have my 33 footer up and going. Its a 4 berth cabin cruiser and will be set up for extended trips out into the Coral Sea to the likes of Osprey, Holmes and Flora reefs.

In the mean time I hope to get a trip or two with Ross and maybe a trip south and dive with some of the guys down there.

The bottom line is, where there's the will there's the way!!

Be happy to have CCR divers aboard when she's up and going.

Regards,

Lance

Megman armed with DeepRed opimoby is on a distinguished road opimoby is on a distinguished road opimoby's Avatar
    Cave Megalodon ,Shearwater

hi there
    I am an ADAS 2815.1 occupational diver so as I understand it I can do my own risk assessment and supervise myself. Undersea Explorer are looking at doing rebreather dedicated trips into the Coral Sea and we are working up the best way to approach the work place health and saftey issues in relation to these trips. They have done one such trip as a model and it seemed to work fine. I am currently working up risk assessment procedures with the work place dive inspector for North Queensland. To date Chris Coxson the dive inspector for NQ workplace has been very helpful.
    If anyone is interested in rebreather trips they can email me for more information. opi@cyberdiver.com.au
    cheers
    Ross

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast