+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WOB Kiss BOV & changing the one way valves

RBW Member colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky's Avatar
    rEvo II Hybrid Mini Titanium

Inspiration Vision

Question WOB Kiss BOV & changing the one way valves

I have a Kiss BOV fitted to my Inspiration .I spent last week in Scapa & switched back to the standard Inspiration DSV half way through the week & really noticed the difference in WOB .
    Now my BOV uses standard Kiss one way valves & I know that Brett at Divelife used to sell adapters that accepted the Inspiration one way valves & screwed straight onto the Inspo hoses but has stopped selling them
    So my question is do the Inspo valves make a significant difference over the Kiss valves to the WOB ? & does anybody have a pair of adapters that I could beg, steal, borrow or even buy ?
    TIA

Supporting Member kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone's Avatar
    Classic Kiss Hammerhead

Sport Kiss Hammerhead

Re: WOB Kiss BOV & changing the one way valves

Has anybody done this?
    I will save up for the Golem but in the mean time can I bore out my Kiss DSV to accept the inspo one ways?
    any pics?
    thanks in advance
    Kevin

RBW Member kiwidiver will become famous soon enough kiwidiver will become famous soon enough kiwidiver will become famous soon enough kiwidiver's Avatar
    evo+,deep pursuit

I changed my kiss bov to inspo check valves about 18mths ago.I did notice a improvement in wob.I is a dead simple mod take it to a machine shop you trust and enlarge the opening to accept the larger size inspo valves.I would love to see actual wob figures of the modded kiss bov with the new ap valves bov.

RBW Member colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky's Avatar

Inspiration Vision

Yep I did do this to mine . Machined out the end of the adapter where the Inpo hoses screw on . insert inspo valves ,job done .:D just make sure you put the valves in the correct way round otherwise you will reverse the loop direction . Cost me £10 at the local machine shop ,definite improvement in WOB . Only possible down side is the increase in dead air space inbetween the one way valves but TBH I never noticed any difference . Cann't do pictures as I have sold it now .

Supporting Member kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone's Avatar
    Classic Kiss Hammerhead

Sport Kiss Hammerhead

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidiver  View Original Post
    I changed my kiss bov to inspo check valves about 18mths ago.I did notice a improvement in wob.I is a dead simple mod take it to a machine shop you trust and enlarge the opening to accept the larger size inspo valves.I would love to see actual wob figures of the modded kiss bov with the new ap valves bov.
    Could you post some pic's?
    Does the valves go in the bov or in the quick disconnect adapter?
    Thanks
    kevin

Inspiration Vision

Quote Originally Posted by kevin stone  View Original Post
    Could you post some pic's?
    Does the valves go in the bov or in the quick disconnect adapter?
    Thanks
    kevin
    Kevin
    DO NOT touch the Bov ,there is not enough plastic to machine . You need to machine the outer ends of the quick disconnect adapter . ie the ends that you fit the hoses to . To my knowledge this will only work on the adapters that are threaded for the inspo hoses to screw onto to .
    Hope that makes it clearer for you .

Classic Kiss Hammerhead

Sport Kiss Hammerhead

Thanks
    Colin

+ Reply to Thread