+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Thread: Upcoming Trip: Pre/Post DEMA Diving

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

Re: Upcoming Trip: Pre/Post DEMA Diving

I am sorry that I have been without Internet due to travel since October 25. (Don't feel too sorry for me. I was cave diving and then went to DEMA and the RebreatherWorld Party). This resulted in less than ideal communication to everyone about the status of things as the weather progressed and deteriorated.

Due to the amount of time that would have been required for people coming in from out of town to drive all the way to Pompano on the chance that maybe the conditions would have barely been good enough (or should I say barely not bad enough) to make a run at the trip, we had to make our decision to call the dive by Friday afternoon in order to coordinate with the boat, the hotel, and all of the preparation that would have to be done in order to be ready for this trip. When that time arrived, after consulting with the captain and staff, we felt that conditions were not going to be right to make a try for this dive.

We tried to get the word out to everyone the best that we could under the circumstances (Thank you, Mrs. Monkey, for posting the update). We are sorry that a few were not able to get the word prior to showing at the dock. (Luckily, they were locals that did not have to drive far.)

I think that we made a wise call to play it safe rather than take a chance of someone getting seriously injured during an attempt to make this outing. Thanks to everyone for the great response. If there is enough demand, we can still get the tee shirts for everyone with "Blown Out By Hurricane Noel" overlaying the artwork. At least we will all have some kind of memory of this planned outing by a group of rebreather divers from all across the world.

Head Dishwasher
    Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey's Avatar
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

I spoke to a few people that went out today...

Visability was 5 feet.. and there were big rollers. it was miserable.

debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole's Avatar
    KISS Spirit & JJ-CCR

Kiss Classic & Sport, Kiss GEM

Howard, Monkey, Mrs. Monkey, etc.....

Thanks to all of you for all of your hard work in setting up the Post DEMA dive. Especially thank you for playing it safe and cancelling the dive and doing your best to get the word out to everyone. It was a great idea, but unfortunately the weather did not cooperate. Hopefully, we can do it again some time.

Doug

Reads fine print (mostly) Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather's Avatar
    MEGALODON MK15.5

BMR500 IDA71 IDA64 RGUFM AKA60

Howard-

The dive didn't happen, but that DEFINITELY does not negate your *excellant* effort. Your very hard work at multiple coordinations is appreciated. At the end of the day the weather gods rule and no amount of shaking one's fist at the sky will make the slightest bit of difference. Safety first in all things.

Self & dive buddy (O2Slide) are in Pensacola area w/ reservations to do serious dive on the O tomorrow. Wx looks superb!

Very best,
    Ken

RBW Member mriopel is an unknown quantity at this point mriopel's Avatar

It was a good call, Howard let me know about the T's

Mike:D

Earning the green stuff.. webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead's Avatar

Palm Beach County: Five in capsized dive boat hospitalized, officials say -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Seemed like a few people had a bad day on Sat. Bummer.

Howard, thanks for your work to set this up. Looking forward to actually doing a dive with you later on. Also, let me know about the t-shirts. Be happy to paypal or write a check for them.

Tim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16