+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New deep wreck found in Hurghada, Red Sea

New Member Paul Vinten will become famous soon enough Paul Vinten will become famous soon enough Paul Vinten will become famous soon enough Paul Vinten's Avatar

New deep wreck found in Hurghada, Red Sea

Hi all,
    Just like to say that after a lot of research and information gathering from various sources, myself and Aaron Bruce finally located and dived the wreck of the 125m long, 7600 ton ferry, the Al Qamar Al Saudi Al Misri just north of Hurghada only 1.5 hours sailing from the main port.
    The wreck lies on it's starboard side in 83m with a minimum depth of 64m on the port side hull.
    An explosion & fire in the engine room caused the ship to capsize & sink on the 19th May 1994 with the loss of 21 lives from the 505 passengers and 63 crew on board.
    Apart from the uppermost deck which has fallen to the seabed, the wreck is still completely intact and in superb condition.
    I will be writing an article for RBW on the wreck and it's discovery once me & Aaron go back back on Tuesday and get some pics. The other day we just wanted to locate & dive the wreck to check it out.
    We both used Classic KISS units and did 25 minute bottom times just to get an idea of the size, position & condition of the wreck.
    If anybody is out our way and interested in diving the wreck, give me a shout!
    Cheers!

RBW Member Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles's Avatar

Re: New deep wreck found in Hurghada, Red Sea

Congradulations on your find .

Sounds like a beauty.

RBW Member aki will become famous soon enough aki will become famous soon enough aki will become famous soon enough aki's Avatar

Congrats to you and Aaron. Very nice finding. I hope I have a change to dive that at some point. Have some green.

PROTEC MEXICO mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico's Avatar

yo

congratulations

matt
    N 20' 37.617'
    W 87' 04.693'

Rob Clemes iratnl will become famous soon enough iratnl will become famous soon enough iratnl will become famous soon enough iratnl will become famous soon enough iratnl's Avatar
    Apeks Meg

KISS Sport, Copis Meg

Wow - well done guys ....... I guess I'll need to do my MOD 2 to visit it

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Awsome job guys!

SiegeEngine II Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: New deep wreck found in Hurghada, Red Sea

Cool. :)

Ossi gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi's Avatar
    eCCR Hybrid Homebuild

pSCR RO80 Homebuild, LightMCCR

Awsome job guys!
    Would be nice to see some pics.

Congratulation
    Ossi

Silent diver
    Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci's Avatar
    Meg,JJ-CCR,Inspiration,Prism2

Ouroboros, Sentinel, Kiss,rEvo

Hi Aroon,
    Great discover.

Ciao
    Aldo
    Aldo Ferrucci
    Trimix and Rebreather IT
    Technical CCR/OC Training for Diver and Instructor in Italian - French - English in Italy, France, Belgium, Switzerland,Spain, Red Sea and beyond
    Megalodon/Copis - Inspiration/Evolution - JJ-CCR - Poseidon Discovery MKVI - Instructor Trainer and Dealer

www.aldoferrucci.com FB Aldo Ferrucci
    I like bubbles only in my glass of Champagne

New Member Paul Vinten will become famous soon enough Paul Vinten will become famous soon enough Paul Vinten will become famous soon enough Paul Vinten's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gerstl_ossi  View Original Post
    Awsome job guys!
    Would be nice to see some pics.

Congratulation
    Ossi
    We're going back on tuesday with a camera, so will be sure to post pics (barring a flood!!) when I send the article in to RBW.
    Cheers!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast