+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Replacement Handset

RBW Writer RobPot is on a distinguished road RobPot is on a distinguished road RobPot's Avatar

Replacement Handset

Hi all,
    I was chatting with someone over the weekend who has access to computer driven lathes, light engineering workshop (all over my head sort of stuff!) who thought it would be relatively easy to make a replacement kidney for the Classic KISS.

My thinking is - how about a replacement kidney with all of the O2 sensors leading to perhaps a fischer connector, then a cable running to something like the Hammerhead secondary display - how hard can it be?!

Robert

Johnny The Hatch Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad's Avatar
    CCR2000, Megalodon, Homebuilt

Norge, FGT, mk15, KISS, Inspo

would be nice to see... :P

/Jonny

I finished it once, but.. PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Inspiration Classic

Quote Originally Posted by RobPot
    Hi all,
    I was chatting with someone over the weekend who has access to computer driven lathes, light engineering workshop (all over my head sort of stuff!) who thought it would be relatively easy to make a replacement kidney for the Classic KISS.

My thinking is - how about a replacement kidney with all of the O2 sensors leading to perhaps a fischer connector, then a cable running to something like the Hammerhead secondary display - how hard can it be?!

Robert
    Hydrospace engineering already do this kind of stuff. It is easy in concept.

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

Interesting idea, I'd be keen to see the pics once its done.

Of course, it does kinda compromise the high level of redundancy you currently have with 3 fully independent displays.

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar
    My thinking is - how about a replacement kidney with all of the O2 sensors leading to perhaps a fischer connector, then a cable running to something like the Hammerhead secondary display
    You mean like the existing KISS-Hammerhead kidney ?

RBW Writer RobPot is on a distinguished road RobPot is on a distinguished road RobPot's Avatar
    You mean like the existing KISS-Hammerhead kidney ?
    Bugger! Am I reinventing the wheel again?!

But actually no I'm not sure it is the same - what I would aim for would be similar to the existing KISS kidney with the single cable coming out to run down the left arm as it does at the moment, rather than out of the top of the kidney.

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar
    But actually no I'm not sure it is the same - what I would aim for would be similar to the existing KISS kidney with the single cable coming out to run down the left arm as it does at the moment, rather than out of the top of the kidney.
    Not sure if I understood you correctly...

I guess that you plan to have a single display and a single cable from the kidney to the handset ?

If correct, then use the same KISS-HH kidney and have Kevin wire you a simple HH display showing the 3 PO2 values alone without anything else (deco, HUD, etc). In another word, a bare-bone KISS-HH secondary.

Regardless, you could get said kidney from Gordon since the design is done and he has a source. You then could work out the single display electronic on your own or ask Kevin for help.

Or...

Wait a little longer (can't tell you exactly when yet) and you will have 2 choices of single display showing alternating values of 3 PO2.

+ Reply to Thread