+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PPO2 displays

RBW Member JohnDuncan is an unknown quantity at this point JohnDuncan's Avatar

PPO2 displays

I have bought an older Classic (No. 014) and there does not seem to be a way to turn the backlight on in 2 of the displays. do the older displays not have this option? I am just checking out the unit prior to my course and everything else seems OK.

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

John,

Open the casing up and look for the jumper strap on the PCB.

/Zak

done that, and the jumper isnt there! I did exactly what the manual and vids from Gordon told me to do

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

are the jumper pins there though? if they are, goto your local computer repair shop, they've probably got some jumpers knocking around.

Custom Title Allowed! Jamie B is on a distinguished road Jamie B is on a distinguished road Jamie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDuncan
    I have bought an older Classic (No. 014) and there does not seem to be a way to turn the backlight on in 2 of the displays. do the older displays not have this option? I am just checking out the unit prior to my course and everything else seems OK.
    If you bought the one off the BSAC site, then the backlit display is a replacement handset which is backlit, whereas the other two are originals and are not. Ie there is no backlight to turn on!!!

Jamie

Johnny The Hatch Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad's Avatar
    CCR2000, Megalodon, Homebuilt

Norge, FGT, mk15, KISS, Inspo

check if there is the letter A on the back of the case, if not you have the old type of case which does not have backlight on it...

/jonny

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie B
    If you bought the one off the BSAC site, then the backlit display is a replacement handset which is backlit, whereas the other two are originals and are not. Ie there is no backlight to turn on!!!

Jamie
    Thats the one, from Eugene. the only faults i found so far is a seized backplate bolt but picked up a few today

+ Reply to Thread