+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: In Water Recompression - Split from Oriskany Thread

Submerge Productions PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver's Avatar

Re: In Water Recompression - Split from Oriskany Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Drmike  View Original Post
    "but-but I was just trying to rehydrate him your honour" :D
    Denial is going to kick in big time when I think I have DCS with you around. :D

Classic Kiss diver Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty's Avatar
    Classic Kiss 165

Quote Originally Posted by dteubner  View Original Post
    It's an interesting concept isn't it? I guess you would need to be set up to do it but the equipment is not that complex and it would be pretty easy to do (for those who know their arse form their elbow anyway).

It seems that you cannot give the fluid super fast. 400ml/hr is the most these guys used(Bruera E. Pruvost M. Schoeller T. Montejo G. Watanabe S. Proctoclysis for hydration of terminally ill cancer patients Journal of Pain & Symptom Management. 15(4):216-9, 1998 Apr). I guess this means you can't really meaningfully rehydrate someone if you are going to do IWR but it might well be useful during a long evacuation. The study above involved 78 patients and there were few problems - leakage in only 4 and an 'enema like' effect in 9.

Warmth is not likely to be a huge problem as the volumes are relatively small.

Something to consider
    Some have used rates faster than this, in the link I gave they appear to have used 1litre per hour for 3hrs, still much slower than you could acheive IV though. It would be relatively simple to set up a system which could be used underwater. e.g. flexible drinking bottle with a long hose like used by walkers, bulb like used to prime fuel lines in small boats, another bit of hose to a standard urinary catheter inserted rectally prior to IWR (maybe even via the pee-valve on a dry suit with a simple adaptor), insulating neoprene cover for fluid container (+ weight). The idea of being able to get up to 1litre per hour in underwater is potentially useful.

Neil

In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Meggy Meg...

Got the best one from day 1...

Hello guys,

just realised how amazingly shocked i got after the last bit of the discussion here....got to learn a few more things on "rectum hydration" .

i guess i would be asking my dive buddies what their intentions are on this matter before the dive. very interesting stuff the came out of this topic.

Thanks to everyone.

P.S anyone know a link of those "virginity underwear" with locks?:D

Take care.

Spyros

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12