+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: problem with jetsam baby booster??

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

problem with jetsam baby booster??

hello all,

got my booster for +/- 1 year now, not used much

last week: no movement at all, opened the booster and the piston rod was blocked in the brass cylinder: a small chip of brass was stuck between (I do have an inlet filter)

took everything apart, brass part total loss

new part is beeing produced locally (belgium) (shipping cost to canada is bigger than making new part here)

I asked around, and some other people also got this problem

is it a known problem with the baby-booster???

how can it be prevented?

regards
    paul

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar
    have you got any pictures?

I've not taken mine apart so not sure quite what your eplaining

mine has been mostly trouble free the only issue so far has been that it stutters sometimes

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

WEB MERMEN wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang's Avatar
    Inspo-Meg-PosMkVI-CCRDolphin

Prism,rEVO,Mk15.5,KISS,Hmblds

I have had only the one glitch. I had a little bit of metal (steel I think) caught under one of the reed valves. I read through the manual and took it apart, found the culprit (and its stain) and then after working out I & O put it all back together and it has worked flawlessly since.

I do love it, but it should come with a He analyser for the same price, because I have to save up for one now. :-(

Sorry to hear about your slightly bigger glitch.

I finished it once, but.. PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Inspiration Classic

Quote Originally Posted by paulraymaekers
    got my booster for +/- 1 year now, not used much

last week: no movement at all, opened the booster and the piston rod was blocked in the brass cylinder: a small chip of brass was stuck between (I do have an inlet filter)

took everything apart, brass part total loss

new part is beeing produced locally (belgium) (shipping cost to canada is bigger than making new part here)

I asked around, and some other people also got this problem

is it a known problem with the baby-booster???

how can it be prevented?
    Take a look at :- http://www.steggle.co.nz/html/baby_booster.html

I think that's what you mean. Mine just ground to a halt and when I took it apart, that's what I found. If algnment between all the parts was good, the brass cylinder should not be a bearing surface, but it is. So alignment isn't good, if you know what I mean.

Kiss did say send it back, but the cost of shipping........

Prevention? Buy a Haskel! In truth though, my baby booster did do a lot of boosting very well for me all around the world. But every now and then it would just stop with no apparent cause. I say no apparent cause, but I think it is the little valves that operate at the end of the stroke not working reliably. Or the Humphry valve, which regularly used to have ice on it. Full strip and rebuild and off it went again.

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

"Take a look at :- http://www.steggle.co.nz/html/baby_booster.html"

this is exactly what I got, but much worse: deeper than your pictures

the piston rod was clamped in the brass cylinder, I had to take it out with a 'puller'

new part made by local shop: works ok now
    let's hope long

regards
    paul

Deep Cave Explorer DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM's Avatar
    Been there also Paul and had same prob, sent it back ($$$) to Gordon and he fixed it ...
    cf Maximator.de cheaper and no more humphrey !!!

EXPLORER jdz has a spectacular aura about jdz has a spectacular aura about jdz has a spectacular aura about jdz has a spectacular aura about jdz has a spectacular aura about jdz's Avatar
    rEvo, PRISM, KISS

Modccr Dolphin, SM CCR, Satori

Quote Originally Posted by DrJM
    Been there also Paul and had same prob, sent it back ($$$) to Gordon and he fixed it ...
    Sorry Jerome, I am not understanding you, are you saying that the Maximators are much more expensive?? and expensive to service/repair?

What price are the maximator units in Europe... ?

Cheers, JDZ

Just add ice & water plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma's Avatar
    O2 Apocalypse

DIY, Inspiration Classic

Quote Originally Posted by DrJM
    What model do you have? How much did it cost?

Just add ice & water plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma's Avatar
    O2 Apocalypse

DIY, Inspiration Classic

Maximator boosters are really expensive.
    Model DLE 30-1 costs 2766e.

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

Quote Originally Posted by plazma
    Maximator boosters are really expensive.
    Model DLE 30-1 costs 2766e.
    For info: I was quoted $2490 FOB by Maxprotech in the US for model DLE 30-1-01E to the following specs:
    16¾" x 10½" x 6.63 wide
    38 pounds
    30:1 pressure ratio
    4640 psi maximum
    20:1 compression ratio
    300 series stainless body, cylinder, piston, PTFE/viton seals, ceramic check valve balls
    Lead time: 1 week.
    Not cheap but you get what you pay for. Overkill for me anyway.
    Best
    Philippe