+ Reply to Thread

Thread: (RB) Diving around Moscow ?

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

(RB) Diving around Moscow ?

I could see 2 registered RB divers around Moscow from the RBW World Map.

Could you or anyone else tell me more about the diving around Moscow ?

Especially RB diving...
    • Is sorb available ?
    • Is O2 / He etc ?
    • Dive club ?
    • Deep diving ?
    • Etc...
    Since the coast line is quite a way, I am guessing majority of the diving is freshwater ? A lot of ice diving ?

TIA

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Re: (RB) Diving around Moscow ?

I also found the RusSub web site (locating in Moscow - except all in Russian) which seems to be an Inspiration dealer, so it seems encouraging...

Any Russian RB divers here ?

Banned MB is an unknown quantity at this point MB's Avatar

Valerai (Valery? The Transliteration is imperfect) at Russub in Moscow is a friend, I helped set up their dealer agreements with their US suppliers (OMS & DUI), and they provided my stocks of KN-3 pumps, etc. Basically all the stuff I sold years ago came from the owners (who are former Russian Navy divers) and they used the money they earned to start their retail business. Did business with them for many years. They have complete RB support there and dive a mix of modified (and stock) IDA-71's as well as Inspirations, etc. They are squared away good guys. Email them and say "Hi" or just pick up the phone and call. If the person answering the phone does not speak English (not likely) he'll get someone who does on the phone in a minute. They have Skype and you can call there directly. Calling is more effective than emailing them.

Their own diving is pretty much Baltic Sea stuff. Some good wrecks there and not terribly deep. Local diving is lakes, not a lot there. They support a surprisingly vibrant travel-diver industry as well.

Not all of their website is in Russian:

Russian military swimmers equipment (interesting stuff.... and read the last line at the bottom of the page.... ;))

and

Rebreathers

Tell them I said howdy, has been a couple of years since I talked to them.

Dave
    Last edited by MB; 13th August 2007 at 15:03.

Thanks Dave.

If I actually will go to Moscow, I'll relay your greetings.

RBW Member dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t's Avatar

Phi

I have some contacts if you need them, especially for caving

Dave

Dave T,

Thanks, I should know definitively soon if I am going to Moscow and will ask.

Cheers! :)

RBW Member Capt. Ray Goosen is on a distinguished road Capt. Ray Goosen is on a distinguished road Capt. Ray Goosen's Avatar

HI, Phi, is this another holiday? or just another way of spelling "Muscat"? Take care...;)

RBW Member diver1369 will become famous soon enough diver1369 will become famous soon enough diver1369 will become famous soon enough diver1369 will become famous soon enough diver1369's Avatar

Lake Issyk Kul in the Tien Shang mountains of Eastern Kyrgyzstan near the Chinese border is a well known beach resort in the summer. It is about 180 x 60 km – many times larger than Lake Tahoe and is up to 670 meters deep. The water is relatively warm in the summer, at least above the primary thermocline. Substantial archaeological finds have been made in shallower waters of the lake, and rumors abound of submerged ancient cities at deeper depths. You can get tanks and air, but no mixed gases locally (my family vacations there periodically.)

IANTD used to list a regional office in Bishkek, about three hours away by car – I have sent e-mails in both English and Russian asking about the availability of both O2 and sorb, but no response. Does anyone have any info about resources this area?

john

RBW Member WooDoo is on a distinguished road WooDoo is on a distinguished road WooDoo's Avatar

I quite pessimistic about Sofno in Bishkek :) ......
    But I can help with some connections there and in Moscow .....

+ Reply to Thread